Skip to Navigation
29 Jun 2011 - 31 Dec 2011
Home › Mobile Media - Project Manager
Mobile Media - Project Manager
Position: Mobile Media Project ManagerLocation: Istanbul, TurkeyStatus: FreelanceEstimated Duration: 6-12 monthsStarts: Monday, July 10th
The role involves the implementation of Al Jazeera’s Mobile Media strategy across the Network with a focus on AJ Turk channel. In particular, the focus will be on the latest advances in mobile both in the context of getting news in (contribution) from Al Jazeera Reporters and the general public and also as a distribution channel to distribute news in new mobile formats. The right candidate needs to be proficient in all aspects of emerging technology (i.e. Smartphones, Tablets, Apps etc..) and how to effectively work with these in the media context.
This role entails working closely with the newsrooms and websites to understand their requirements in the context of their current workflow and to present to them feasible solutions using the latest in mobile and new media technologies. Leading projects from inception stage right through to completion and support. Continually investigating new services for Mobile and New Media and assessing their viability in the light of budgets, resources and requirements of the channels or websites. Also working to improve existing services that require evolution. Implementing a strategy of making our channels available on as many devices as possible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for project managing the development of mobile apps, mobile websites, widgets and other mobile related projects.
- Responsible to relationship building with Operators and 3rd parties for mobile services.
- Responsible for the implementation, training and support of the Mobile Reporter project. Entails a close working relationship with Reporters and Newsroom staff to use mobile effectively for reporting.
- Conducting training and/or presentations to staff on new mobile services and tools.
- Working on the next phases of the Al Jazeera mobile websites and any other future website projects.
- Actively contribute to brainstorm new ideas and execute them from beginning to end.
- Handle administrative responsibilities associated with projects including monthly reports, statistics gathering and identifying trends.
- Maintain accurate records and consistently perform in a highly detailed environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Experience / Academic Qualifications
- Experience of at least 2-3 years in a development/deployment role (Mobile and/or Internet related). Or equivalent in digital media related role.
- Experience managing multiple web/mobile projects.
- Understanding of mobile web design, usability, and human-computer-interaction.
- Ideal candidate will have executed successful projects in a Global Media organisation with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Background knowledge in Mobile and New Media fields
- Must be technically competent and acquire project/services related skills.
- Must have good writing skills for technical documents and be able to review Legal service and other agreements.
- Strong communications skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team members.
- Must be highly creative who can also think out-of-the-box.
- Good presentation and classroom training skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as under the direction of team leaders within strict time constraints.
- Fluency in English and Turkish both verbal and written is a must.
- Project Management training or certification a plus
Please send a CV of no more than 2 pages, without picture to email@example.com - CV’s should be saved as FirstnameLastName in doc/docx or pdf format (e.g. MelikeDemir.pdf). Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. A covering letter is recommended, but not required, and should be limited to one page. Applications close at midnight (GMT) on 1st July 2011.