The most effective way of supporting our work is by setting up a Direct Debit to make a regular contribution from your bank account. A regular income means we have reliable income we can count on, which allows us to plan in advance and budget more effectively.
The BBC World Service Trust is an independent charity funded by external grants and voluntary contributions. We only receive a small amount of core support for our activities from the BBC (both in kind and cash).
With your permission, we can claim tax back on your donation through Gift Aid, so your donation will be worth almost 30% more at no extra cost to you
- Provide vital information to the victims of natural disasters or conflict
- Increase knowledge and change attitudes and behaviour around critical health issues, including HIV and AIDS
- Help people make a better living by providing useful information, such as the latest market prices for livestock in their region
- Help citizens make their governments more accountable and transparent through public scrutiny, dialogue and debate
- Teach children and adults basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Help develop an independent, un-biased media that is free from government control
If you would like to keep informed about what your donations are helping us achieve around the world, please sign up here for our monthly e-newsletter.
Once a year, we will also host an Open Day, inviting donors and supporters to visit us at BBC Bush House, London.
Please support us today
For further information, see the BBC World Service Trust Annual Report and Accounts 2006/07 which has been prepared in accordance with the relevant Charity Commission and accounting regulations as confirmed by our auditors.