Eight hospitalised for gas inhalation
Petra | Dec 25,2011 | 00:47
AMMAN — Eight family members residing in Sweileh were taken to hospital on Saturday after inhaling leaked gas from a water heater, according to the Civil Defence Department (CDD).
They were taken to Prince Hussein Hospital and reported to be in fair condition, the CDD said.
In another incident, two children aged five and eight were reported to be in critical condition after inhaling rat poison in their home in Zarqa on Friday, official sources said.
The children were at their home when they found the poison and started playing with it, a senior official source said.
“They were rushed to Zarqa Government Hospital by Civil Defence Department rescue teams and their chances of survival are very low,” said the source, who declined to be named. The Public Security Department said they are investigating the incident.
Jordan will play for gold when they meet Bahrain in the football competition at the Pan-Arab Games in Doha on Friday. Full story