Thomson Reuters News & Insight combines the world-class journalism of Reuters with the analysis and rich content available through Westlaw. Journalists and editorial teams are creating news content and expert analysis that Westlaw subscribers, especially litigators, use every day to inform their courtroom strategies and sharpen their arguments. This content, integrated with Westlaw Litigator case law, trial documents, jury verdicts and workflow tools, provides a dynamic, integrated litigation solution unlike any product offering currently available.News and Insight coverage includes: Legal (national coverage), California, New York, Bankruptcy, and Securities.
The Home page for each practice area highlights the latest stories, upcoming events and multimedia. Read the full story, case or filing on the website by clicking the link or headline; Westlaw documents featured on Thomson Reuters News & Insight are easily accessed on Westlaw by clicking on the links and headlines.
Click on any of the tabs displayed at the top of the page to view the full collection of news, insight, or documents from Westlaw.
Navigate to a different Thomson Reuters News & Insight practice area page by selecting one of the links under the Thomson Reuters News Sites heading on the right-hand side of the page (left-hand side on the Legal Home page).
SEARCHING AND FILTERING
Search the full site by entering one or more key words in the search box at the top of the web page. You also can limit your search to news, insight and documents from Westlaw by using the search located on each content page. Search results list the most recent documents first.
In addition, you can filter news, insight and Westlaw document searches by practice area or date.
Thomson Reuters News & Insight features selected video portions of trial testimony provided for Westlaw by Courtroom View, audio and video of appellate oral arguments and full podcasts from Westlaw Journal. Full-length audio and video court testimony and arguments are available on Westlaw, along with complete transcripts of the proceedings.
Click on the Multimedia clip on the home page to view the clip or search the tabs for relevant multimedia materials.
A snapshot of upcoming events from West LegalEdcenter as well as a number of bar associations and national organizations is available on the Thomson Reuters News & Insight home pages. Click on the event to link to the event website for more information.
REGISTERING FOR THOMSON REUTERS NEWS & INSIGHT
Registration for Thomson Reuters News & Insight makes access to Westlaw from the Thomson Reuters News & Insight web pages seamless. There is no charge for this easy, optional registration.
- If you have a Westlaw OnePass account, add Thomson Reuters News & Insight to your account from the Login page by clicking Login at the top of the web page, then select Register for OnePass, Edit Profile. Verify that your Westlaw password and all other information is correct, then scroll down to the bottom of the profile and click the Submit button. You are ready to log in!
- To set up a new OnePass account, click on the Login link at the top of the page and follow the instructions to create a user name and password.
Login—After setting up your OnePass account, you can log in to the web site by clicking the Log In link and entering your user name and password.
My Account—You can edit your OnePass account either from the Log In page or by clicking the My Account link after you are logged in to the site.
ACCESS TO WESTLAW
Current Westlaw subscribers—Links to view a Westlaw-only document will take you to that document on Westlaw (if logged into Thomson Reuters News & Insight, WestlawNext subscribers will be taken to WestlawNext). Normal Westlaw pricing and out-of-plan warnings apply based on your subscription.
Non-Westlaw subscribers—You do not need a Westlaw subscription to read a Westlaw-only document that is featured on Thomson Reuters News & Insight. Links to view a Westlaw-only document will take you to the Westlaw sign-on page where you may choose to use your credit card to access a document on Westlaw. Certain content, such as audio and video multimedia, are not available through Credit Card Westlaw.
Sign in to Westlaw from Thomson Reuters News & Insight—Launch a research session in Westlaw by clicking the link under the Sign into Westlaw bar on the right-hand side of the page.
COMMENTS ON THOMSON REUTERS NEWS & INSIGHT
We encourage you to post your own comments regarding articles and commentary on Thomson Reuters News & Insight. We reserve the right not to post your comment if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors.
We’d like to hear from you! If you have suggestions, news leads, questions, or would like information about submitting expert commentary, court filings, or events to be featured on Thomson Reuters News & Insight, please email us.Technical and research help with Westlaw is available 24 hours a day.
- Web pages optimized for IE7 and higher and Firefox 3 and higher
- Flash 10 supported
- Adobe Reader required to view PDF documents on this website
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
- Legal - Information, decision support tools and services for legal, intellectual property, compliance, business and government professionals throughout the world.
- Tax & Accounting - Information, decision support tools and software applications for tax and accounting professionals.
- Healthcare & Science - Information and decision support tools for healthcare and information professionals, researchers and scientists.
- Media - Indispensable news and information for media and business professionals around the world
- Sales & Trading - Information, trading and post-trade connectivity for buy-side and sell-side customers in foreign exchange, fixed income, equities and commodities.
- Enterprise - Information and software for business automation within the capital market.
- Investment & Advisory - Information and decision support tools and integration services for portfolio managers, investment bankers, research analysts and executives.
Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:TRI) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:TRI).
© 2012 THOMSON REUTERS