01 Nov 2012 - 13 Jun 2021
Archive of The Scott Horton Show
An automatically produced archive is usually available a few minutes after the end of the show, the stream archive. Later in the day, typically 2-12 hours later, the manually produced proper archive is posted. Because it is of higher quality it is used as the permanent archive, replacing the automatically produced stream archive once it's posted.
For more details on the archives and how they are produced, read the notes below the listing. Also, due to limitations of the web server the files can only be listed in ascending order, so the latest archives will be at the bottom of the list.
Visit Scott's blog
and please donate to keep his show running! Scott needs our help now, more than ever.
Subscribe to RSS feeds of the proper archive:
- MPEG-4 AAC feed (preferred format — very good quality with half the file size of the MP3)
- MP3 feed (for use with old audio players — large file with very good quality)
This server space and bandwidth has been graciously provided by sneaker. Thanks!
Wednesday, November 21 2012: Prior to the change to the scotthorton.org domain, links referencing a stream/merged recording that was replaced with its proper archive would automatically redirect. That redirection is now working both for old links pointing to dissentradio.com and AntiwarRadio file names, as well as newer links using scotthorton.org and the ScottHorton file names.
Friday, October 12 2012: As everyone's probably noticed, the notes on this page are outdated and detail the old LRN archives. There still are 2 different archives.. the automated one and the manual one. I will update and clean up the notes in the next few days.
Briefly, here's how this archive works:
- The Scott Horton Show ends.
- The stream archive is automatically posted about 10 minutes later.
- Several hours pass (usually between 2-12 hours) and the manually-created proper archive is posted with the yyyy.mm.dd-ScottHorton.mp3/m4a filename.
- The automated stream archive is deleted. URLs pointing to the deleted stream archive will continue to work, but will redirect your browser to the permanent proper MP3 archive instead.
The archives are posted with these filename patterns:
- yyyy.mm.dd-ScottHorton.mp3/m4a — Manually-created proper MP3 or AAC archive.
- yyyy.mm.dd-ScottHorton-NAR_stream.mp3 — Automatically-created stream MP3 archive, a recording of the No Agenda Radio stream.
The proper archive is made from a copy of Scott's local, high quality recording of the show.
The proper archives are available both as a 64kbps, 44.1kHz, mono MP3 and as a smaller MPEG-4 AAC file (about half the size) of equal or better audio quality made using HE-AAC with SBR (High Efficiency — HEv1) at 44.1kHz in mono with VBR encoding that is averaged out to around 32kbps. All modern players can play HE-AAC v1 in full quality (iTunes v9+, foobar2000, Windows Media Player, iPhone iOS 3.1+, Android, etc.) — however even very old players that only support basic AAC will play the the show in good quality.
If you have any problems with these recordings or want to contact me about anything else, please send me an email: lugosi [at] cygnus [dot] org.
Archive of The Scott Horton Show