Dr. Nass posed the question of whether digital multitasking led to shorter attention spans.
Mr. Ford helped craft campaign strategies for dozens of Democratic candidates over several decades.
Mr. Rommel served for 22 years as mayor of Stuttgart.
Mr. Parker, a member of the college and pro football halls of fame, was the NFL most valuable player in 1940.
Mr. Hawk was honored for the heroism he showed in a ferocious battle of the Normandy campaign.
Mr. Donohoe led Donohoe Companies Inc., one of the largest development firms in the region.
Associated Press and — Associated Press
He is credited with elevating American cuisine and Chicago’s culinary reputation.
Request a News Obituary
Selected news obituaries are written by the staff of The Washington Post. They do not contain information about funerals, memorial services or donations.
Place a Death Notice
Death Notices are paid classified advertisements placed by the family or a funeral home. They usually contain information about funeral services. For more information call (202) 334 4122.
- Abba, Robert E.
- Ahearn, John T.
- Baldwin, Dorothy P.
- Beall, Gladys H.
- Benson, William A.
- Benton, Elizabeth A.
- Buckley, Sharon S.
- Collins Jr., Paul T.
- Dame, Robert J.
- Dickstein, Barbara
- Edwards, Mary H.
- Ford, Michael F.
- Hitch, Kenneth S.
- Hogye, Laszlo
- Horvath, Ralph
- Immer, Marjory J.
- Janes, Mabel A.
- Macdonald, James F.
- McShay, George
- Melick Jr., James B.
- Parran, Joanne
- Ridgeway III, Charles
- Salamanca, Miguel A.
- Troitino, Odete
- Weart, Melanie T.
A look at those who have died this year.
- Margaret M. Ernst, company vice president
- H. Ulrike Mills, National Gallery editor, dies at 63
- James N. Trone, Navy physician, dies at 87
- Marie-Odile Louppe , economist, dies at 65
- David B. Walker, government and university official
- Rebecca Newman, principal, administrator
- Stephen K. Myers, facilities official
- Evelyn D. Dowling, substitute teacher
- William Williams, National Gallery lecturer, dies at 71
- Richard Q. Vawter, GSA official
Connect with the Post Obituaries
More ways to get us