Iraq Bloodbath: 92 Killed, 227 Wounded
Monday:by Margaret Griffis, December 17, 2012Print This | Share This
A day after Kirkuk saw escalated attacks, violence expanded into surrounding areas and Baghdad. At least 92 people were killed and 227 more were wounded. Among them were fourteen Iranian pilgrims who were wounded in one attack and a Lebanese visitor who was killed in the west. Several of the attacks were within a region of northern Iraq that is claimed by Kurdistan. Kurds and other Iraqi minorities were targets in other violence.
A car bombing was stopped
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq PM Threatens Protesters As Attacks Leave 13 Dead, 34 Wounded – December 22nd, 2013
- 52 Killed, 66 Wounded in Iraq Attacks, Failed Military Operation – December 21st, 2013
- Iraqi Market Bombed; 42 Killed, 41 Wounded – December 20th, 2013
- Pilgrims Attacked Again in Iraq; 73 Killed, 121 Wounded – December 19th, 2013
- Pakistani and Saudi Pilgrims Among 30 Killed, 53 Wounded Across Iraq – December 18th, 2013
Margaret Griffis is a journalist from Miami Beach, Florida and has been covering Iraqi casualties for Antiwar.com since 2006.
Copyright © Antiwar.com 2013