Author Topic: philippines' anti-aircraft guns!  (Read 51076 times)

miko

philippines' anti-aircraft guns!
« on: November 22, 2004, 02:43:08 AM »
tanong lang po kung may anti-aircraft gun pa tayo na naka active service?
40mm po ba yun? kaya pa nun maka shoot down ng mga makabagong jet fighters?
 tanong lang po mga kababayan!
thanks!

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
Re: philippines' anti-aircraft guns!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 02:22:53 PM »

Other air defense threads.

Air defense of the Philippines
Posted by Zapanta on December 19, 2004

ADS
Posted by GAR on July 22, 2004
Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

Wushu

• nuckin futs!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 08:33:31 PM »
btw, not only for anti-aircraft, but also for ground fire support.....

word of the day: dual-purpose!

Adroth

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 08:40:45 PM »

pedro penduko

• "A Armamentos, A Armamentos!" - Flaviano Yengko
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 09:00:38 PM »
btw, not only for anti-aircraft, but also for ground fire support.....

word of the day: dual-purpose!

:2rifles:

btw, not only for anti-aircraft, not only for ground fire support, but also for coastal defense.....

newe word of the day: multi-task

:smoke:

" Kung ang bayang ito'y masasa-panganib
At siya ay dapat na ipagtangkilik,
Ang anak, asawa, magulang, kapatid;
Isang tawag niya'y tatalidang pilit " 
                                            -  Andres Bonifacio

BlackJack

• Easy Company On Me! Go !!!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 09:36:19 PM »
Ganda nmn ng mga AA's natin  :thumbsup: ,Meron ba tayong SAM's in case of enemy fighter jets?
Myrmidons! My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Capt.Speirs "You know why you hid in that ditch Blithe?"

Pvt Blithe " I was scared"

Capt.Speirs "We're all scared, You hid in that ditch because you still think that there's still hope, but Blithe the only hope is to accept the fact that your already dead. The sooner you accept  that,  the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier suppose to function...WITHOUT MERCY...WITHOUT COMPASSION...WITHOUT REMORSE.....All Wars depend on it soldier."

Capt Ronald Speirs,C.O. Dog Company ,506th PIR(Parachute Infantry Regiment) 101st Airbourne Division.

Adroth

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 09:38:42 PM »
Meron ba tayong SAM's in case of enemy fighter jets?

Nope.

There are rumors of the PSG having Mistral MANPADs, but no confirmation.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 09:43:27 PM by Adroth »

Cafgu

• MBAC 21
  • HALT! WHO GOES THERE!!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 10:08:20 PM »
Though unconfirmed, the first and only F-117A Stealth Bomber 'Nighthawk' ever shotdown was a victim of 50 year-old Ack-Ack technology, probably Russians ZUs AAs, NATO lost it over Yugoslavia in 1999.

Oh, yes! keep those PMC AAs coming!! :thumbsup:
Cafgu’s Corner
Q2: Is Gregorio Rosal dead?
A2: A dead communist is good.
Q1: Why does ka roger uses two-ply toilet paper in his mountain hideout?
A1: Because Joma Sison demands a copy of everything.

predator

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 11:57:26 PM »
Sa totoo lang kulang sa dami ... parang feeling ko eto na lahat ang Anti-Aircraft natin  :(  correct me if I'm wrong ... but still buti na kesa sa wala ... at least meron kahit di brand new ... pero kasi sa ganitong air defence dapat marami. Siguro medyo nauubusan na rin ang marines na pagkukunan ng scrap/junk na hardwares natin .. .

then again congrats marines kahit maliit ang budget nakakagawa pa rin kayo ng paraan kahit paunti-unti ...

To the AFP superiors ... don't stop pushing for AFP modernization, kahit na makulitan yang mga pulitiko sa inyo ..

davaofrancis

• B O O M ! ! !
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 12:21:45 AM »
Though unconfirmed, the first and only F-117A Stealth Bomber 'Nighthawk' ever shotdown was a victim of 50 year-old Ack-Ack technology, probably Russians ZUs AAs, NATO lost it over Yugoslavia in 1999.

They used 1960's Russian AA radar in tracking it and Russian AA missile to finish the job.  It has a longer wavelength than modern AA radars.  Also rain water on its outer increases its radar signature.  The open bomb bay door is also vulnerable to radar.   The Russian AA Unit Commander confirmed the shotdown.   The USAF bombed its wreckage later that day to hide the F-117 secret technology.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 12:25:34 AM by davaofrancis »
UDMC PVAR design is K.I.S.S.

40niner_com

• Obsolete weapons do not deter.
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 01:01:49 AM »
OT....

They used 1960's Russian AA radar in tracking it and Russian AA missile to finish the job.  It has a longer wavelength than modern AA radars.  Also rain water on its outer increases its radar signature.  The open bomb bay door is also vulnerable to radar.   The Russian AA Unit Commander confirmed the shotdown.   The USAF bombed its wreckage later that day to hide the F-117 secret technology.

Photo at Airliners.Net
{Photo Caption}Canopy from F-117A aircraft shot down on 29 March 1999 by a SA-6 missile near village Budjanovci, Serbia. The pilot ejected safely, a Combat Search and Rescue team of the USAF brought the pilot back to his squadron (7th FS). Aeronautical Museum Belgrade.

Edit to Add:

More discussion at this thread at MP.net
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91696&page=2
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 01:12:15 AM by 40niner_com »
Obsolete weapons do not deter. You do not base a defence policy on someone else's good intentions.
- Apr 7, 1989 [Baroness Margaret Thatcher, UK PM (1979-90)]

saver111

• MBAC 21
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 01:28:10 AM »
Here is an article how they did it as claimed by the Serbian Stealth Fighter Hunter

http://pdff.sytes.net/index.php?showtopic=2504

This shows the importance of Radars and coordination with anti-aircraft batteries.
"In the interest of National Defense..."

"Ask not what your country can do for you... but ask what you can do for your country!"

HELP END PIRACY NOW!
SIGN PETITION HERE:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm

Cafgu

• MBAC 21
  • HALT! WHO GOES THERE!!
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 07:01:18 AM »
Here is an article how they did it as claimed by the Serbian Stealth Fighter Hunter

http://pdff.sytes.net/index.php?showtopic=2504

This shows the importance of Radars and coordination with anti-aircraft batteries.

Agreed...thanks all for the additional info & clarifications.  :thumbsup: I also happen to discuss this event with 2 ex-Serbians Oscars who served in the '99 Balkan war. They were adamant it was the the hail of AAs that got it.  Whatever they've recovered went to the Russians.
Cafgu’s Corner
Q2: Is Gregorio Rosal dead?
A2: A dead communist is good.
Q1: Why does ka roger uses two-ply toilet paper in his mountain hideout?
A1: Because Joma Sison demands a copy of everything.

BlackJack

• Easy Company On Me! Go !!!
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 10:13:59 AM »
Wow galing naman nun coordination ng Radar system nila through AA's. Pano kaya na detect ng radar un F-117 baka di naka stealth mode ^_^, Saka di ba yun sangkap paint ng Stealth techno ng US matatagpuan dw sa Philippines ^_^, n hear ko kasi eto ky mang Erni Baron dati sa radio, kaya lang confidential dw bawal sabihin at baka makasuhan sya ng US GOv't ^_^
Myrmidons! My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Capt.Speirs "You know why you hid in that ditch Blithe?"

Pvt Blithe " I was scared"

Capt.Speirs "We're all scared, You hid in that ditch because you still think that there's still hope, but Blithe the only hope is to accept the fact that your already dead. The sooner you accept  that,  the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier suppose to function...WITHOUT MERCY...WITHOUT COMPASSION...WITHOUT REMORSE.....All Wars depend on it soldier."

Capt Ronald Speirs,C.O. Dog Company ,506th PIR(Parachute Infantry Regiment) 101st Airbourne Division.

Wowowiee

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 07:00:32 PM »

The Philippine Army and the Philippine Air Force, should also be investing some time and resources in providing interim, indigenuous solutions to our lack of Anti-aircraft capabilities..mostly developments like what the Marines are doing...weapons that actually can also be used against land targets......The army has a lot of browning 50 cals..that need a little refurbishing...they can mount them on "gun trucks" also....

Can anybody here from the army say anything about what they're doing on their side with regards to local r & d on weapons???? Go Army! Go! (where???) :nuts:
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."  Patton

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard. I read your book."

Patton