Iraq Bloodbath: 92 Killed, 227 Wounded
Monday:by Margaret Griffis, December 17, 2012Print This | Share This
A day after Kirkuk saw escalated attacks, violence expanded into surrounding areas and Baghdad. At least 92 people were killed and 227 more were wounded. Among them were fourteen Iranian pilgrims who were wounded in one attack and a Lebanese visitor who was killed in the west. Several of the attacks were within a region of northern Iraq that is claimed by Kurdistan. Kurds and other Iraqi minorities were targets in other violence.
A car bombing was stopped
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014
- 131 Killed, 48 Wounded in Iraq, Including Scores of Militants – March 2nd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks Continue into March: 70 Killed, 50 Wounded – March 1st, 2014
- Prominent Sheikh Among 34 Killed, Another 40 Iraqis Wounded – February 28th, 2014
Margaret Griffis is a journalist from Miami Beach, Florida and has been covering Iraqi casualties for Antiwar.com since 2006.
Copyright © Antiwar.com 2014