28 May 2008 - 26 Apr 2022
- The information we collect and how we use it;
- Your right to access or update your personally identifiable information;
- Your right to opt-out of receiving communications from us; and
- Our pledge to have reasonable security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control.
A. Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information about you when you visit the Site, contact us, place an order, or in any other communication we may have with you: personal information such as, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card number), and, via the Site only, non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our site you have visited and your IP address).
1. Personally Identifiable Information
The only personally identifying information that we collect and store about you is the information that you have chosen to provide to us. For example, if you place an order with us, we may collect your name, mailing address, and credit card information. IN the alternative, if you register on the Site, we may collect your name, store name, your address, store address, e-mail address and other personal information so that we can process your registration. In addition, if you contact us via phone or send us e-mail requesting information about us or otherwise ask us a question, we may collect your name, phone number, address, e-mail address and other personal information so that we can respond to your request or question. We may also from time to time send you e-mail and postal correspondence regarding products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
From the Site, we may collect and use non-personally identifiable information about you in the following ways:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address or the proxy address of your Internet Service Provider (e.g. AOL, CompuServe, Comcast, etc.);
- The resource on our server accessed as a result of the request, such as the web page, image, etc.;
- The query in the request;
- The name and version of your web browser;
- The content of any sent or received cookie, as defined below;
- The Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that was accessed before making the request for our web server.
Some parts of this Site web site may use a “cookie” – a file placed on your computer hard drive allowing our server to log the pages accessed in the Site to determine if you have visited before. This cookie captures no personally identifying information. You may set your browser to warn you when placement of a cookie is requested, and decide whether or not to accept it. Please not that by rejecting a cookie some of the features available on the site may not function properly.
b. Referrers, IP Addresses and Environmental Variables
We may also collect information through “referrers,” IP addresses and various environmental variables. A "referrer" is information the web browser passes along to the ABA web server that references the URL from which you came. An “IP Address” is a number used by computers on a network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you. An “environmental variable” may include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed the web site, the type of web browser and operating system or platform used, the Internet address or the web site you left to visit the web site, the pages you visit while at the web site and the Internet address of the web site you then visit. We may collect IP address information in order to administer the web site and to gather broad demographic information.
B. Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
1. Disclosure of Information by Us
We may share your personally identifiable information with any affiliates, partners, agents or other parties whose products and services may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to share your information in this manner, please see the "CHOICE" section below. We also reserve the right to disclose your personal and non-personal information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law; to protect our self or to protect the rights of another user; to reduce the risk of credit or other kind of fraud; or to comply with a court order.
We may also share your personally and non-personally identifiable information with third parties that help manage our web site, databases, credit card processing companies, and affiliate relationships.
We may share your information with third parties in order to fulfill your request or otherwise complete a service provided to you.
In the unlikely event that all or substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to another party, your personally identifiable information may be transferred to this acquiring entity.
Though we may also from time to time share your personal information with third parties for research and development purposes, we will not sell your personal information to any third parties, other than as specifically disclosed in this policy.
2. Online Blogs and Forums
Our Site also may offer blogs, chatrooms and forums that allow you to post information for other users to read. You may publish information on electronic bulletin boards generally accessible to other Site subscribers. We do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security of any such communications, and you assume all risks of publishing such information on the system for examination by others, including our employees and persons who gain unauthorized access to the site (“hackers”). Furthermore, any such information published by you will pass through and be stored upon one or more of our servers. We will access the information stored on our server(s) for three purposes: first, to verify that the Site program and system is operating properly; second, to police the content of publications in response to any customer complaints about inappropriate content, and, third, to gather information for statistical purposes. No information published by a user is to be considered an expression of opinion or fact by us. We do not adopt, ratify, guarantee or endorse the contents or accuracy of any such publications. If you believe a communication published through such a forum or blog violates your privacy, you may report the same to us by e-mailing us for investigation or by mail to Dan Cullen, Director Information Dept., ABA, 200 White Plains Rd., Tarrytown, NY 10591.
C. Third Party Links
We provide you with the following choices regarding the use of your personal information:
- You may choose not to provide us with any personal information;
- If you are a user of the Site, you may set your browser not to accept cookies, or to warn you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose not to accept cookies, however, your ability to navigate this web site may be hindered;
- If you would like to unsubscribe to any of our services or would like us to remove you from any of our on-line mailing lists, please email us with the subject heading "unsubscribe from ABA information" or call us at 800-637-0037;
- ABA members may access the personal information we have collected about you and correct any inaccuracies by calling us at 800-637-0037;
- If you do not want us to share your information, please send e-mail or call us at 800-637-0037.
We make every effort to have reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control, including using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to collect and transmit your information.
If you have any questions about the security of our web site, please contact Dan Cullen, Director Information Dept., ABA, 200 White Plains Rd., Tarrytown, NY 10591.
F. Notification of Changes
G. Special Policy Regarding Information from Children Under Thirteen Years of Age
We are not targeted to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any child under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we receive such information, we delete it as soon as we discover it and do not use it or share it with third parties.
Effective May 2008