27 May 2008 - 22 Jan 2022
Sign up today to hear about books and authors from an independent bookstore near you.
A Community of Independent Local Bookstores
On the cover of this month's Indie Next list isView this month's complete Indie Next List.View from a bookseller“Leia Birch is pretty much a rock star in the comic world, but her personal life has taken over the drama of her heroines, Violet and Violence. Leia is pregnant with a biracial child after too much tequila and a one-night stand at Comic-Con, her sister’s perfect marriage is imploding, and it appears her sweet, proper Southern grandmother has been hiding all kinds of improper things, including advancing dementia. As always, Jackson is witty and charming, and her characters are so wonderfully drawn, it’s hard to believe you don’t actually know these people. The Almost Sisters is a hopeful book about our ability to preserve the dignity of one another while still helping them grow and change.”—Susan Thomas, CoffeeTree Books, Morehead, KY
THE ALMOST SISTERS, A NOVEL, by Joshilyn Jackson
Indie Next authors talk about their books...
Indie Next around the web. . .
Indie Next in Paperback. . .Read more
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local-owned business and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community--where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in the IndieBound mission supporting local businesses and celebrating independents.
Learn more about IndieBound.
IndieBound supports Independent Business Alliances around the country. To find an alliance near you, visit AMIBA