Libraries and organizations
JSTOR offers tiered fees and flexible purchasing options for libraries and organizations. We adjust our fees based on your institution’s size, type, and country. Participants include small institutions, large universities, secondary schools, and every type in between.
You may already have access to JSTOR through your school or public library.
Individuals and researchers
JSTOR provides several options for individuals without a current institutional affiliation.
- Public domain articles and free ebooks from high-quality publishers
- Full-text access and PDF downloads
- 80% of journal content on JSTOR, ranging from 1870 to three years from the present
- Read online only, limit 3 articles at a time
- $20 mo/$199 year
- 85% of full journal runs on JSTOR
- Full-text access, limited PDF downloads
Where news meets its scholarly match
is an online magazine that provides scholarly context and background to news stories and current affairs. All stories link to content on JSTOR that is open to all from the magazine.
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2017 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, JPASS®, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.