· Sections 10, 11 & 12 Governing law, Agreement to Arbitrate and Class Action Waiver
· Section 2 User Content
. We streamlined information concerning the handling and use of content provided by you or others in connection with the Sites. In some cases additional terms will apply to portions of the Sites that collect user content.
(C) Changes to Site. TBS may change or discontinue any aspect, service or feature of the Site at any time, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
2. User Content and Conduct; Community Guidelines
The following terms apply to content submitted by users, and user conduct, on the Site’s Interactive Areas:
(B) Community Guidelines. By submitting any User Content or participating in an Interactive Area within or in connection with the Site, you agree to abide by the following rules of conduct:
· You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that:
o violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others.
o you know to be false, misleading or inaccurate.
o contains blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, racially or ethnically offensive content, hate speech, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity.
o contains or advocates pornography or sexually explicit content, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene or lewd.
o violates any law or advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
o advocates violent behavior.
o poses a reasonable threat to personal or public safety.
o contains violent images of killing or physical abuse that appear to have been captured solely, or principally, for exploitive, prurient, or gratuitous purposes.
o is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any User Content is not protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission. Any person determined by TBS, in its sole discretion, to have violated the intellectual property or other rights of others shall be barred from submitting or posting any further material on the Site.
o does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any Interactive Area.
o contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials with respect to products or services, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
· You agree not to engage in activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability.
· You agree that if necessary, you have the consent of each and every identifiable natural person in any submission to use such persons name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Site.
· You agree that any person who appears in your submission who is a current member of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), the American Federation of Television and Radio Actors (AFTRA) or any other rights society is not entitled to compensation by TBS.
· You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, TBS or any TBS employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
· You agree not to represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, TBS's endorsement of User Content.
· You agree not to interfere with any other user's right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about the Site users or posting private information about a third party.
· You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component.
· You agree not to interfere with or disrupt the Site or the servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site.
· You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Site, use the Site, or access to the Site.
· You agree not to use any service, technology or automated system to artificially inflate the page views that your User Content receives. This includes pay-per-click services, web "robots" and any other current or future technologies. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
· You agree not to use any technology, service or automated system to post more User Content than an individual could upload in a given period of time. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
Any conduct that in TBS’s sole discretion restricts or inhibits anyone else from using or enjoying the Site will not be permitted. TBS reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or edit User Content by you and to terminate Your Account for any reason.
TBS does not vouch for the accuracy or credibility of any User Content, and does not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading User Content posted on the Site. Through your use of Interactive Areas, you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretense, international trade issues and foreign nationals. By using Interactive Areas, you assume all associated risks.
The decision by TBS to monitor and/or modify User Content does not constitute nor shall it be deemed to constitute any responsibility or liability in any manner on the part of TBS in connection with or arising from use by you of Interactive Areas on the Site.
(E) Moral Rights. If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the User Content, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the User Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the User Content by TBS or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the User Content; and (d) you forever release TBS, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against TBS by virtue of any such moral rights. You also permit any other user to access, view, store or reproduce the User Content for that user's personal use.
. Without limiting the foregoing, TBS reserves the right to use any User Content as it deems appropriate, including, without limitation, deleting, editing, modifying, rejecting, or refusing to post it. TBS is under no obligation to edit, delete or otherwise modify User Content once it has been submitted to TBS. TBS shall have no duty to attribute authorship of User Content to you, and shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
3. Copyright Ownership.
The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Site are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. TBS owns copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. You may download copyrighted material for your personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of TBS and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
4. Third Party Content.
TBS is a distributor (and not a publisher or creator) of content supplied by third parties and users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers or users of the Site, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of TBS. Neither TBS nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. (Refer to Section 6 below for the complete provisions governing limitation of liabilities and disclaimers of warranty.)
In many instances, the content available through the Site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective user or information provider not under contract with TBS. TBS neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Site by any third party. Under no circumstances will TBS be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by your use or reliance on information obtained through the Site. TBS is not responsible for any actions or inaction on your part based on the information that is presented on the Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content.
5. Advertisements and Promotions.
TBS may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than TBS, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. TBS is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Site.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
(A) YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER TBS, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, ITS OTHER AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
(C) THE SITE MAY OFFER HEALTH, FITNESS, NUTRITIONAL AND OTHER SUCH INFORMATION, BUT SUCH INFORMATION IS DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE DOES NOT AND IS NOT INTENDED TO CONVEY MEDICAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. TBS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS OR INACTION ON A USER'S PART BASED ON THE INFORMATION THAT IS PRESENTED IN THE SITE.
(D) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL TURNER, OR ITS PRESENT OR FUTURE PARENTS OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER AND/OR DEVICE OR TECHNOLOGY FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR FOR ANY FORM OF DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES BASED ON ANY CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SITE OR ANY ALLEGED FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, OR DELAY IN SERVICE, OPERATION, OR TRANSMISSION OF THE SITES, OR ANY ALLEGED COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, AND/OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF OR POSTING OF ANY RECORD, CONTENT, OR TECHNOLOGY, PERTAINING TO OR ON THE SITES. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHEHER SUCH ALLEGATIONS ARE FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR FALL UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF TURNER OR ITS PRESENT OR FUTURE PARENTS OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FORGEOING, YOU ALSO SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TURNER AND/OR ITS PRESENT OR FUTURE PARENTS AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL OR ALLEGED DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OF THE SITES OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISION APPLIES TO NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS.
(E) TBS disclaims any and all liability of any kind for any unauthorized access to or use of your personally identifiable information. By accessing the Site, you acknowledge and agree to TBS’s disclaimer of any such liability. If you do not agree, you should not access or use the Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless TBS, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of the use of the Site by you or your Account. TBS reserves the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide TBS with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by TBS.
TBS, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, own all rights to their logos and trademarks used in connection with the Site. All other logos and trademarks appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
10. Governing Law.
The content, data, video, and all other material and features on the Site are presented for the purpose of providing entertainment, news and/or information and/or promoting programs, films, music, games, and other products and/or services that are or may become available in the United States, its territories, possessions, and protectorates.
Any and all disputes, claims and controversies arising out of or in connection with your access to, and/or use of the Sites, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Sites shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws and decisions of the State of New York applicable to contracts made, entered into and performed entirely therein, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions.
11. Disputes/Arbitration. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
In the event of a dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or in connection with your access to, and/or use of the Site, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site, TBS or you must give the other notice of the dispute, claim, or controversy which notice will include a brief written statement that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving it, the facts giving rise to the dispute, claim, or controversy and the relief requested. You must send any such notice to TBS by email to email@example.com
AND by U.S. Mail to Copyright Agent, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., 1050 Techwood Drive, NW, ATTN: Legal Dept., Atlanta, GA 30318-5604. To the extent that TBS has your contact information, it will send any such notice to you by U.S. Mail, or otherwise to your email address. TBS and you will attempt to resolve any dispute, claim, or controversy through informal negotiation within thirty (30) days from the date that any notice of dispute, claim, or controversy is sent. TBS and you shall use reasonable, good faith, efforts to settle any dispute, claim, or controversy through consultation and good faith negotiations. After 30 days, TBS or you may resort to the other alternatives described in this Section. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the notice and 30 day negotiation period required by this paragraph shall not apply, however, to disputes, claims, or controversies concerning patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, and trade secrets and claims of piracy or unauthorized use of the Sites.
For residents outside the United States, arbitration shall be initiated in New York, New York, and TBS and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any state or federal court in New York, New York to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
If your claim is solely for monetary relief of $10,000 or less, and does not include a request for any type of equitable remedy, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely based on documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing under the AAA Rules.
You may choose to pursue your claim in small claims court where jurisdiction and venue over TBS and you otherwise qualify for such small claims court and where your claim does not include a request for any type of equitable relief.
You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by these arbitration provisions by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to the following Email address firstname.lastname@example.org AND by U.S. Mail to Copyright Agent, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., 1050 Techwood Drive, NW, ATTN: Legal Dept., Atlanta, GA 30318-5604. The notice must be sent within the later of 30 days of your first use of the Site or within 30 days of changes to this section being announced on the Site, otherwise you shall be bound to arbitrate any disputes, claims, or controversies in accordance with the terms of these paragraphs.
If any clause within these arbitration provisions is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that specific clause will be severed from these arbitration provisions, and the remainder of the arbitration provisions will be given full force and effect. In the event some or all of these arbitration provisions are determined to be unenforceable for any reason, or if a claim, dispute or controversy is brought that is found by a court to be excluded from the scope of these arbitration provisions, TBS and you agree to waive, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any trial by jury.
The terms of these arbitration provisions will also apply to any claims asserted by you against any present or future parent or affiliated company of TBS to the extent that any such claims arise out of your access to, and/or use of the Site, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site.
12. Class Action Waiver. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the disputes, claims or controversies will not be subject to arbitration and must be litigated in federal court located in New York, New York.
The terms of this provision will also apply to any claims asserted by you against any parent or affiliated company of TBS to the extent that any such claims arise out of your access to, and/or use of the Site, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site.
Neither TBS nor you shall be liable for damages or for delays or failures in performance resulting from acts or occurrences beyond their reasonable control, including, without limitation: fire, lightning, explosion, power surge or failure, water, acts of God, war, terrorism, revolution, civil commotion or acts of civil or military authorities or public enemies: any law, order, regulation, ordinance, or requirement of any government or legal body or any representative of any such government or legal body; or labor unrest, including without limitation, strikes, slowdowns, picketing, or boycotts; inability to secure raw materials, transportation facilities, fuel or energy shortages, or acts or omissions of other common carriers.
14. Copyrights and Copyright Agent.
TBS respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, TBS has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide TBS's Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For copyright inquiries under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act please contact:
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
1050 Techwood Drive, NW
ATTN: Legal Dept.
Atlanta, GA 30318-5604
For any questions or requests other than copyright issues or licensing requests, please contact http://the Site/feedback
- provide and communicate with you about the Services or your account with us,
- fulfill your requests regarding the Services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications,
- respond to your inquiries,
- communicate with you about other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you,
- enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our Services, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the Information,
- provide technical support for the Services,
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through the Services,
- protect the safety of our Users,
- perform analysis regarding how you use the Services or any part thereof.
- To service providers or Partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host our Services, forums and online communities; (h) administer contests; (i) maintain databases;; and (j) otherwise support our Services.
- In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency's request or similar request.
- We may transfer some or all of your Information if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, or if a substantial portion of our or of a business unit’s assets is sold or merged in this way.
- We may share the Information with Turner Affiliates, so they can provide, improve and communicate with you about their own, or their marketing partners’ products and services. A representative list of our affiliates is available in the Turner Affiliates section below.
Contact information directories; email system and archiving solutions; IT support and services; management of Turner’s supply chain and distribution channels; business administration and accounting activities; contract administration; reporting, forecasting, invoice generation and financial reconciliation; and security, health and safety, legal and regulatory compliance reporting, auditing and management, including but not limited to, in connection with legal process or litigation, and for investigative and disciplinary purposes.
Turner is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our Web site. If you are using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, etc.) and experience difficulty accessing information, or if you experience issues with the submission of your application for a posted vacancy found on Turner’s Career Page please contact Turner at WebsitesAccessibility@turner.com. Please state the nature of the accessibility problem. If the accessibility problem involves a particular Web page, please include the URL (Web address) of the page. If the issue pertains to application submission, indicate in the email the Location, Job Title, and Requisition Number for the position(s) you are interested in applying. Please attach your resume and cover letter (as applicable). Notification will be sent to you once your resume is uploaded for the position(s) of interest. We will try to respond to your accessibility concerns promptly. Back to top.
Is this job for you?
When you see a job you're interested in, carefully review the job description and determine if you meet the minimum requirements. Those requirements are a must and it wouldn't be productive to apply if you do not meet them.
In addition, you should review any "preferred" requirements that may be indicated. The more your background and skills are aligned with preferences and the requirements, the better the chance that you'll be a good match with the company and vice versa.
Our recruiters review resumes for required experience, skills and abilities, education requirements and relocation consideration. They must identify the best candidates from the applicant pool; therefore those that do not meet the minimum requirements may not be contacted. Ensure that positions you are applying for are a match or a natural next step. The roles you have previously held should support and complement the position for which you are applying.
Advertising Standard Terms and Conditions - USA
1. APPLICATION These terms and conditions, between Turner and Agency and Advertiser (“Standard Terms”) shall apply to any purchase made by Advertiser, or by Agency on behalf of Advertiser, for the placement of any form of advertising or promotion on any Turner service, including but not limited to, networks and web sites. The Standard Terms, along with the applicable Insertion Order, shall constitute the agreement between Turner and Agency and/or Advertiser with respect to the specific advertising placement (the “Agreement”) and will govern and control all current and prospective services that Turner may periodically render for Agency, Advertiser and/or any other advertiser for whom Agency may order advertising or related services or on whose behalf Agency places advertising with Turner.
2. TERMINATION Turner may terminate this Agreement at any time (i) upon material breach by Agency or Advertiser, (ii) pursuant to paragraph 4 hereof, or (iii) if Agency's or Advertiser's credit is, in Turner's reasonable opinion, impaired. Upon any termination by Turner, all unpaid accrued charges shall immediately become due and payable.
3. FORCE MAJEURE If, as a result of an act of God, force majeure, public emergency, labor dispute, restriction imposed by law or other governmental order, technical failures or for any other cause beyond Turner's reasonable control, Turner fails to telecast or otherwise provide access to any or all of the advertisement, announcement or program to be provided hereunder, Turner shall not be in breach hereof but Turner shall be authorized to substitute a reasonably satisfactory date and time to telecast or provide access and if no such time is available the time charges allocable to the omitted access will be waived.
4. PRE-EMPTIONS Turner shall have the right to cancel any telecast or portion thereof covered by this Agreement, for any reason, including but not limited to, telecasting any program or event, which, in its sole discretion, it deems to be of public interest or of significance. In the event a satisfactory substitute date and time is not agreed upon, the telecast so pre-empted shall be deemed cancelled and the charges allocable thereto, cancelled.
5. COMMERCIAL MATERIALS All commercial materials shall be furnished to Turner and delivered to it at Agency and/or Advertiser's sole cost and expense, unless otherwise agreed upon. Such materials, together with any instructions pertaining thereto shall be delivered not less than five (5) business days in advance of the scheduled appearance on the site. At Turner's discretion, Turner may require Agency/Advertiser to submit a script, storyboard, and/or rough-cut of the commercial for Turner's review up to ten (10) business days in advance of the first scheduled air date for linear feeds. Advertiser/Agency must provide the final version of the commercial spot no less than 45 days prior to scheduled flight date for Video On Demand. All materials furnished or approved by Agency or Advertiser shall not be contrary to the public interest, shall conform to Turner's then existing program and operating policy and quality standards and are subject to Turner's prior approval and continuing right to reject, suspend the access of, or require editing of such materials. Agency and Advertiser jointly and severally represent and warrant, and take full responsibility to ensure, that for all materials submitted or approved by Agency or Advertiser (i) they are authorized and have obtained all necessary clearances, permissions, approvals, authorizations, rights and licenses to make available on the site or to telecast the entire contents and subject of the materials; (ii) all materials comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and any industry codes or rules by which Advertiser or Agency may be bound, (iii) (if applicable) the advertising complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act in connection with any information collected by Advertiser, including but not limited to collection of information from CartoonNetwork.com users; (iv) all advertising or any other materials provided shall not contain spyware, adware, or any other software designed to covertly gather user information through the user's internet connection; (v) all advertising or any other materials provided shall not contain unauthorized embedded interactive triggers or other software that automatically diverts users from any Turner site or service; and (vi) all materials are accurate and that all claims contained therein have been substantiated. Without limiting the foregoing, Agency and Advertiser agree, represent and warrant that, with respect to advertising placed on Turner's web sites, they shall secure any and all clearances, permissions, approvals, authorizations, rights and licenses necessary for Turner's placement of all elements contained in the materials for uses of all types in all geographical areas serviced by the World Wide Web of the Internet. Turner will not be liable for loss or damage to, or errors or omissions in, any advertising provided by or approved by Advertiser or Agency. If requested within thirty (30) days of the last access hereunder, Turner will at Agency or Advertiser's sole expense return the material to Agency or Advertiser. All material not so requested shall be disposed of at any time after sixty (60) days following the last access hereunder.
6. INDEMNIFICATION Agency and Advertiser will jointly and severally indemnify, defend (at Turner’s election) and hold harmless Turner from and against all claims, demands, debts, obligations, judgments, settlements, or charges (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements) which arise out of or result from Agency's and/or Advertiser's breach or alleged breach of any obligations, representations, or warranties hereunder, or the appearance of materials, or contemplated appearance of materials, furnished by or on behalf of Agency or Advertiser or furnished by Turner for the benefit of Agency and/or Advertiser. In all such instances, Agency and Advertiser are responsible for and must promptly reimburse Turner for all attorneys’ fees, costs, expenses, judgments, and/or settlements as they are incurred. The provisions of this paragraph shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
7. GENERAL (a) No conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on Agreements, insertion orders, or instructions, which conflict with the provisions of this confirmation Agreement will be binding on Turner, unless agreed by the parties.
(b) Unless otherwise agreed by Turner and Agency or Advertiser, with respect to on-line advertisements, Turner shall have the right to insert the advertising in various areas of the applicable website from time to time in its discretion and all advertising positioning/placement clauses or conditions will be treated as requests and cannot be guaranteed. Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, with respect to on-air advertisements, Turner will telecast the advertising and programs covered by this Agreement on the date and at the approximate hour and time agreed upon by the parties. Advertising placed in VOD services shall be available according to the schedule agreed by the parties. Turner shall have no obligation to telecast for the benefit of any person other than Agency and Advertiser or for a product or service other than that agreed upon by the parties.
(c) Turner agrees to hold Agency and the other subsidiaries of Agency Group (collectively, "AG"), solely liable for payment to Turner to the extent proceeds have cleared from its Advertiser clients (each, an "Advertiser") to AG for any amount payable to Turner. For sums owing but not cleared to AG, or for sums cleared but subsequently returned by AG to Advertiser or its successor or estate in bankruptcy (in any case the “Trustee”),Turner agrees, except as stated otherwise herein, to hold the Advertiser solely liable. AG will make reasonable commercial efforts to collect payment from Advertiser. AG acknowledges and agrees that in the event Advertiser payment is at least 30 days past due and/or in the event a petition under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code is filed by or against AG, Turner may contact Advertiser directly with respect to payment and pursue any other collection activities in its sole discretion, and in such event Advertiser shall be liable directly to Turner. In the event AG is subject to a claim or action by Advertiser or a Trustee for the return of any amount paid to AG for the benefit of Turner under the preferential transfer or other avoidance provisions of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code (an "Avoidance Action"), AG shall notify Turner and AG shall use its best efforts to defend such Avoidance Action in good faith, subject to Turner’s approval.
Advertiser and/or Agency will pay for all such services within thirty (30) days of the date of the invoice. Interest will be added to all past due payments at the lesser of eighteen percent (18%) per annum or the maximum payment by law, calculated from the date of the invoice. Advertiser and Agency agree to pay and be liable for all costs of collection, including, without limitation, court costs and 15% of principle and interest due as attorneys’ fees pursuant to OCGA section 13-1-11.
(d) Orders for advertising shall be non-cancelable after ten (10) business days prior to the first date on which it is scheduled to appear within the specified Turner site, network or service and through the advertising period agreed to pursuant to the insertion order.
(e) Advertiser and/or Agency shall notify Turner in writing within thirty (30) days from the date of invoice of any discrepancy or disagreement with any telecast, advertisement, service, and/or the amount charged for the same. Advertiser’s and/or Agency’s failure to report any such discrepancy or disagreement in writing within such time will constitute a waiver of any claim relating to such discrepancy or disagreement. Advertiser and/or Agency shall pay all uncontested portions of invoices pursuant to the terms set forth herein. Interest may accrue as set forth above on any late payments.
(f) The parties will attempt to make up for audience shortfalls, if any, versus the quarterly guidelines set forth above through the provision of Audience Deficiency Units (ADUs). The parties will work together to do so within the 12 months immediately following the end of flight; if they cannot do so within 24 months of the end of flight, Advertiser agrees that Turner will have delivered on this contract in full and in no event has any further obligations under this contract.
(g) Unless otherwise specifically agreed upon by the parties, no cash discounts, volume discounts or other discounted rates will apply.
(h) Turner, Agency and Advertiser acknowledge that they will have access to certain trade secrets and other non-public confidential information of each other during and in connection with the performance of services ("Confidential Information"), and each hereby agrees not to disclose any Confidential Information to any third party and not to use any such Confidential Information for any purpose other than the performance of services pursuant to these Standard Terms. All such Confidential Information and trade secrets are and shall remain the exclusive property of their respective owner and no license shall be granted or implied with respect to such Confidential Information or trade secrets by reason of access to the same in connection with the performance of services hereunder. The foregoing agreement of non-use and nondisclosure shall survive any termination or expiration of any agreement between the parties and shall continue in full force and effect for a period of three (3) years from the date of the Agreement.
(i) This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to its conflicts of law principles or provisions. Any suit, action or proceeding brought in connection with or arising under this Agreement that is commenced by Advertiser or Agency against Turner must be brought in a Federal, State or local court of competent jurisdiction located in Fulton County, Georgia. In addition, Advertiser and Agency hereby expressly consent that any Federal, State or local court of competent jurisdiction located in Fulton County, Georgia shall have personal jurisdiction over them with respect to any suit, action or proceeding brought in connection with or arising under this Agreement that is commenced by Turner.
(j) In the event of a breach hereof by Turner, the exclusive remedy of Advertiser and Agency therefore shall be a credit for substituted advertising time of equal value, and in no event shall Turner be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or monetary damages of any type.
(k) This Agreement is subject to the terms of licenses held by Turner and is subject also to all laws and regulations now enforced or which may be enacted in the future, including but not limited to the rules and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission and Ofcom, where applicable.
(l) As used herein the term "Turner" shall refer to Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., on behalf of itself and/or any of its relevant subsidiaries, and its and/or their networks, as well as owned or controlled digital platforms (“Media Company”) and/or platforms on which Media Company has a contractual right to serve advertising (collectively “Turner”).
(m) The party placing advertising on behalf of Advertiser and Agency acknowledges that it has the authority to do so and that by its placement has caused both Advertiser and Agency to be bound by the terms hereof. Agency shall be deemed to be acting as the principal and the authorized agent for any advertiser for whom Agency may order advertising or related services and/or on whose behalf Agency places advertising with Turner, including, without limitation, Advertiser and Agency agrees that it has the authority to legally obligate Advertiser as provided herein.
(n) A waiver by Turner of any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such terms or conditions for the future, or of any subsequent breach thereof, nor shall any such waiver relieve Agency or Advertiser from their obligations to comply strictly with the terms and conditions of this agreement.
(o) If any term or condition of this Agreement is declared invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby, and each remaining term or condition of this Agreement shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(p) Advertiser and Agency acknowledge and agree that time is of the essence in this Agreement.
End of Standard Terms and Conditions
Termos e Condições Padrão de Publicidade
1. APLICAÇÃO: Esses termos e condições entre a Turner, Agência e Anunciante (“Termos Padrão”) devem ser aplicados a qualquer compra feita pelo Anunciante, ou pela Agência em nome do Anunciante, para a veiculação de qualquer forma de publicidade ou promoção em qualquer canal da Turner, incluindo, mas não se limitando a canais e websites. Os Termos Padrão, juntamente com a Ordem de Inserção e/ou Contrato de Veiculação e Disponibilização de Espaço Publicitário de Programação Internacional aplicável, devem constituir o contrato entre Turner e Agência e/ou Anunciante, no que diz respeito à veiculação de publicidade específica (o “Contrato”). 2. RESCISÃO: a Turner pode rescindir o Contrato a qualquer tempo (i) em caso de violação material pela Agência ou Anunciante, (ii) nos termos do parágrafo 4° deste instrumento, ou (iii) se o crédito da Agência ou Anunciante forem, na opinião razoável da Turner, prejudicados. Após a rescisão pela Turner, todos os encargos acumulados não pagos serão exigidos e deverão ser pagos imediatamente pelo Anunciante, sem prejuízo de outras penalidades eventualmente previstas nos documentos de compromisso de investimento firmados entre Turner, Agência e Anunciante. 3. FORÇA MAIOR: Se, como resultado de caso fortuito, força maior, calamidade pública, disputas trabalhistas, restrição imposta pela lei ou ordem governamental, falhas técnicas, ou por qualquer outro motivo fora do controle razoável da Turner, a Turner não veicular ou fornecer acesso a um ou a todos os anúncios publicitários, notícia ou programa a serem veiculados nos termos abaixo, a Turner não estará violando o Contrato e estes Termos Padrão, porém, a Turner deverá ter autorização para substituir a veiculação ou acesso ao anúncio, notícia ou programa para uma data e tempo razoavelmente satisfatórios. Se não houver tempo disponível, o valor relativo a esta veiculação será renunciado pela Turner. 4. PREFERÊNCIA: A Turner terá o direito de cancelar qualquer transmissão prevista no Contrato, em sua totalidade ou parcialmente, por qualquer motivo, incluindo, mas não se limitando, para transmissão de qualquer programa ou evento, que, a seu exclusivo critério, considere interesse público ou de grande relevância. Caso as partes não cheguem a um acordo em relação à substituição por uma outra data ou tempo satisfatórios, a veiculação deverá ser considerada cancelada, bem como os respectivos custos alocados a ela. 5. MATERIAIS COMERCIAIS: (a) Todos os materiais comerciais a serem fornecidos à Turner, serão entregues pela Agência e/ou Anunciante, devendo estes arcarem com todos os custos e despesas relacionados, salvo disposição em contrário. Tais materiais, em conjunto com todas as instruções relativas aos mesmos, deverão ser entregues até 3 (três) dias úteis antes do início da veiculação, e, em caso de feriados na cidade de Buenos Aires ou de feriados nacionais na Argentina, a equipe de vendas da Turner informará o prazo de entrega de referidos materiais, o qual poderá ser alterado para 4 (quatro) ou 5 (cinco) dias úteis de antecedência da exibição, exceto aqueles que necessitam de produção/vinheta, que deverão ser entregues com 10 (dez) dias úteis de antecedência. Falta ou atraso na entrega, material defeituoso ou em desacordo com as práticas comerciais implicam em faturamento sem crédito do espaço reservado. A critério da Turner, a Turner poderá exigir que a Agência/Anunciante apresentem um roteiro, storyboard e/ou material bruto do comercial para a análise da Turner com até 10 (dez) dias úteis de antecedência da data da primeira exibição agendada nos feeds lineares. A Agência/Anunciante deve fornecer a versão final do spot comercial com antecedência mínima de 45 (quarenta e cinco) dias antes da data programada para início da exibição em Vídeo On Demand. Todos os materiais fornecidos ou aprovados pela Agência ou Anunciante não devem ser contrários ao interesse público, devem obedecer às políticas de programação, operações e padrões de qualidade da Turner, e estão sujeitos a aprovação prévia da Turner e ao direito continuo de rejeição, suspensão do acesso ou de requisição de edição de tais materiais. Agência e Anunciante, solidariamente, declaram, garantem e assumem total responsabilidade de garantir que todos os materiais submetidos ou aprovados pela Agência ou Anunciante (i) estão autorizados e possuem todas as liberações, permissões, aprovações, direitos e licenças para serem disponibilizados no site ou para veiculação de todo o conteúdo e assunto dos materiais; (ii) todos os materiais estão em conformidade com todas as leis, regras e regulamentos, e com quaisquer códigos da indústria ou regras pelas quais a Agência ou o Anunciante possam estar ligados, em especial o Código de Defesa do Consumidor e Código de Auto-Regulamentação do CONAR; (iii) se aplicável, a publicidade está em conformidade com as Leis da Proteção de Privacidade Online das Crianças (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) relacionada a todas as informações coletadas pelo Anunciante, incluindo, mas não se limitando a, coleta de informações dos usuários do CartoonNetwork.com.br; (iv) toda publicidade ou quaisquer outros materiais fornecidos, não devem conter spyware, adware ou qualquer outro software projetado para reunir secretamente informações do usuário através da conexão do usuário à Internet; (v) toda publicidade ou quaisquer outros materiais fornecidos, não devem conter direcionamento interativo não autorizado ou qualquer software que direcione o usuário para fora de um site ou serviço da Turner; e (vi) todos os materiais fornecidos são precisos e todas as alegações neles contidas foram comprovadas. Sem limitar o precedente, Agência e Anunciante concordam, declaram e garantem que, com relação à publicidade veiculada em websites da Turner, tais devem possuir todas as autorizações, permissões, aprovações, direitos e licenças necessárias para a veiculação pela Turner de todos os elementos contidos nos materiais, para quaisquer tipos de uso, em todas as áreas geográficas atendidas pela Internet, globalmente. A Turner não será responsável por perdas e danos ou erros ou omissões, em qualquer publicidade fornecida ou aprovada pela Agência ou Anunciante. Se solicitado dentro do prazo de 30 (trinta) dias do último acesso abaixo, a Turner irá, às custas da Agência ou do Anunciante, devolver o material à Agência ou Anunciante. Todo material não solicitado será descartado a qualquer momento após 60 (sessenta) dias a contar do último acesso/veiculação do material. Se aplicável, o Anunciante declara que os anúncios a serem veiculados pela Turner em seus canais atendem a Regulamentação da Ancine, em especial as Instruções Normativas nº 95, no que diz respeito às informações da claquete, e nº 105 no que diz respeito ao registro, tendo sido produzidos ou adaptados por produtora brasileira registrada perante a Ancine, devidamente registrados perante a Ancine, com a correspondente CONDECINE paga para o segmento de “Serviço de Comunicação de Massa por Assinatura” ou para o segmento no qual o anúncio será veiculado pela Turner, comprometendo-se a mantê-los regulares durante o período de veiculação. A Turner poderá, a qualquer tempo, exigir a apresentação dos documentos comprobatórios do registro do filme publicitário e do recolhimento da respectiva CONDECINE. 6. INDENIZAÇÃO: Agência e Anunciante, solidariamente, deverão indenizar e isentar a Turner contra todas as reclamações, demandas, dívidas, obrigações ou encargos (incluindo honorários de advogados e desembolsos) que surgirem ou como resultado da violação, por parte da Agência e/ou Anunciante, de quaisquer obrigações, declarações ou garantias abaixo descritas, ou como resultado da veiculação dos materiais fornecidos por ou em nome da Agência ou Anunciante, ou fornecido pela Turner em benefício da Agência ou Anunciante. As disposições deste parágrafo permanecerão vigentes após a rescisão ou término deste Contrato. Caso a Turner ou um de seus canais seja processado administrativa ou judicialmente pelo conteúdo dos filmes publicitários, seja por uso indevido de direitos, seja por descumprimento da legislação vigente, a Turner notificará a Agência ou Anunciante, imediatamente, acerca de todas as ações judiciais e administrativas intentadas, devendo estes, em conjunto ou de forma individual, tomarem as providências cabíveis, inclusive assumindo o pólo passivo e, caso não seja possível, ingressando no processo como assistente da Turner. A Agência ou Anunciante arcarão integralmente com todos os custos, principais e acessórios, inclusive honorários de advogados, decorrentes de ações ou reclamações referidas nos itens precedentes, assumindo diretamente o pagamento dos mesmos, ou, se isso não for possível, o imediato ressarcimento à Turner no prazo máximo de 15 (quinze) dias, bastando que a Turner apresente comprovante de pagamento das quantias desembolsadas. 7. DISPOSIÇÕES GERAIS: (a) Nenhuma condição, impressa ou que de outro modo apareça no Contrato, em ordens de inserção, ou instruções, que entre em conflito com as disposições do presente Contrato, vinculará a Turner, salvo acordado entre as partes. (b) Salvo diversamente acordado entre Turner e Agência ou Anunciante, com relação à publicidade on-line, a Turner terá o direito de inserir a publicidade em várias áreas do website aplicável, de tempos em tempos, a seu exclusivo critério, e todas as cláusulas e condições de posicionamento/disposição da publicidade, serão tratados como pedidos e não podem ser garantidas. Sujeito aos termos e condições deste Contrato, com relação a publicidade on-air, a Turner irá veicular a publicidade na data e hora aproximada acordadas entre as partes. A publicidade colocada nos serviços de VOD deve estar disponível de acordo com o cronograma acordado entre as partes. A Turner não terá nenhuma obrigação de transmissão em benefício de qualquer outra pessoa que não a Agência ou Anunciante, assim como não terá a obrigação em relação a nenhum outro produto ou serviço além daqueles acordados entre as partes. Publicidades não entregues e não inseridas (under-delivery) dentro do prazo de 1 (um) ano da data de término da programação de mídia, serão considerados entregues ou, a exclusivo critério da Turner, compensadas mediante negociação com a Anunciante e Agência. (c) Agência e Anunciante reconhecem e assumem total responsabilidade e serão solidariamente responsáveis pelo pagamento de todos os serviços que a Turner venha solicitar, fornecer e/ou executar em nome do Anunciante. Agência e Anunciante irão pagar por todos esses serviços no prazo de 15 (quinze) dias a partir da data da invoice. Juros serão adicionados a todos os pagamentos em atraso à taxa de 1% ao mês, calculada a partir da data de vencimento da invoice, sem prejuízos de multas e indenizações, se aplicável e/ou conforme previsto no Contrato. Agência e Anunciante concordam em pagar e serão solidariamente responsáveis por todos os custos de cobrança, incluindo, sem limitação, custas judiciais e honorários advocatícios permitidos por lei. (d) Para os devidos efeitos tributários, os impostos devidos e retidos nas remessas do valor ao exterior deverão ser recolhidos pelo Anunciante ou Agência, devendo ser enviado o comprovante à Turner. (e) Se aplicável, caberá à Anunciante prestar as informações de registro e pagamento no Sistema Integrado de Comércio Exterior de Serviços, Intangíveis e Outras Operações que Produzam Variações no Patrimônio, o “SISCOSERV”, de forma a registrar as informações relacionadas à cada Ordem de Inserção. (f) Ordens de publicidade não serão canceladas após 5 (cinco) dias úteis antes da primeira data em que tal publicidade está programada para aparecer no site, canal ou serviço específico da Turner, bem como durante todo o período de veiculação combinado em conformidade com a ordem de inserção. (g) Agência e/ou Anunciante notificarão a Turner por escrito, dentro do prazo de 30 (trinta) dias a partir da data da invoice, no caso de qualquer discrepância ou discordância com qualquer veiculação, publicidade, serviços e/ou valor cobrado para os mesmos. A falha da Agência e/ou Anunciante em notificar qualquer discrepância ou discordância, por escrito, dentro do prazo acima, constituirá uma renúncia de qualquer reclamação relacionada a esta discrepância ou discordância. (h) A Turner poderá, a qualquer tempo, reavaliar descontos concedidos de acordo com o compromisso de investimento, em caso de cancelamento ou revisão de investimento. (i) Salvo acordo entre as partes pelo Contrato, não serão aplicados descontos a pagamento à vista, descontos de volume ou outras taxas de desconto. (j) Turner, Agência e Anunciante reconhecem que terão acesso a certos segredos comerciais e outras informações confidenciais não-públicas da outra parte, durante e em conexão com o desempenho dos serviços (“Informações Confidenciais”), e cada parte se compromete a não divulgar qualquer Informação Confidencial a terceiros e a não usar tais Informações Confidenciais para qualquer outro fim diverso da execução dos serviços de acordo com estes Termos Padrão. Tais Informações Confidenciais e segredos comerciais são e permanecerão propriedade exclusiva de seus respectivos proprietários e nenhuma licença será concedida ou implícita sobre essas Informações Confidenciais ou segredos comerciais, por motivo de conexão com o desempenho dos serviços descritos. O acordo anterior de não-uso e sigilo deve continuar vigorando a qualquer rescisão ou término de qualquer contrato entre as partes, e continuará com pleno vigor e efeito durante um período de 3 (três) anos da data do Contrato. (k) Este Contrato será regido e interpretado de acordo com as leis da República Federativa do Brasil, sendo que as Partes elegem desde já o Foro da Comarca da Capital do Estado de São Paulo para dirimir quaisquer desavenças resultantes do presente Contrato, a menos que diversamente determinado no Contrato de Veiculação e Disponibilização de Espaço Publicitário de Programação Internacional específico. (l) No caso de não veiculação da publicidade conforme previsto no Contrato, a Turner se compromete a conceder um crédito de tempo de publicidade de igual valor à Anunciante, e em nenhum caso a Turner será responsável por quaisquer danos emergentes, ou monetários de qualquer tipo. (m) O termo “Turner”, refere-se à Turner International do Brasil Ltda., podendo também referir-se a quaisquer outras divisões ou subsidiárias da Turner Broadcasting System Latin America, Inc., as quais terão acesso à publicidade comprada nos termos deste Contrato, conforme aplicável. (n) A parte que inserir a publicidade em nome da Agência ou Anunciante, reconhece que tem autoridade para fazê-lo, e que, por conta desta inserção, ambos, Agência e Anunciante, estão obrigados a cumprir os termos deste instrumento. A Agência deve ser considerada como representante e agente autorizado de qualquer anunciante do qual a Agência poderá solicitar publicidade ou serviços relacionados e/ou em nome de quem a Agência procede com a inserção junto à Turner, incluindo, sem limitação, o Anunciante, com responsabilidade solidária. (o) A tolerância da Turner de qualquer um dos termos ou condições deste Contrato não deve ser considerada como uma renúncia de tais termos ou condições no futuro, ou de qualquer violação subsequente do mesmo, nem qualquer tolerância deve isentar a Agência ou Anunciante de suas obrigações de cumprir rigorosamente os termos e condições deste Contrato. (p) Se qualquer termo ou condição deste Contrato forem considerados inválidos ou inexequíveis, o restante do presente Contrato não será afetado, e cada termo ou condição restante deste, serão válidos e aplicáveis em toda a extensão permitida por lei. (p) Com a concordância da proposta comercial, compromisso de investimento e/ ou contrato específico de veiculação e posterior veiculação de anúncios nos canais Turner, Anunciante e Agência declaram-se cientes e de acordo com os termos do presente Contrato. Fim dos Termos e Condições Padrão Back to top.
LATIN AMERICA (NON-BRAZIL) - ENGLISH
Advertising Standard Terms and Conditions
1. APPLICATION These terms and conditions, between Turner and Agency and Advertiser (“Standard Terms”) shall apply to any purchase made by Advertiser, or by Agency on behalf of Advertiser, for the placement of any form of advertising or promotion on any Turner service, including but not limited to, networks and web sites. The Standard Terms, along with the applicable Insertion Order, shall constitute the agreement between Turner and Agency and/or Advertiser with respect to the specific advertising placement (the “Agreement”). As these Standard Terms are designed to accommodate a variety of transactions, it is possible that some of the terms and conditions herein will not be relevant to each transaction. For example, if a transaction does not involve online advertising, portions of these Standard Terms related to online advertising will not apply. Furthermore, to the extent terms of the applicable Insertion Order contradict these Standard Terms, the terms of the Insertion Order will supersede these Standard Terms. 2. TERMINATION Turner may terminate this Agreement at any time (i) upon material breach by Agency or Advertiser, (ii) pursuant to paragraph 4 hereof, or (iii) if Agency's or Advertiser's credit is, in Turner's reasonable opinion, impaired. Upon any termination by Turner, all unpaid accrued charges shall immediately become due and payable. 3. FORCE MAJEURE If, as a result of an act of God, force majeure, public emergency, labor dispute, restriction imposed by law or other governmental order, technical failures or for any other cause beyond Turner's reasonable control, Turner fails to telecast or otherwise provide access to any or all of the advertisement, announcement or program to be provided hereunder, Turner shall not be in breach hereof but Turner shall be authorized to substitute a reasonably satisfactory date and time to telecast or provide access and if no such time is available the time charges allocable to the omitted access will be waived. 4. PRE-EMPTIONS Turner shall have the right to cancel any telecast or portion thereof covered by this Agreement, for any reason, including but not limited to, telecasting any program or event, which, in its sole discretion, it deems to be of public interest or of significance. In the event a satisfactory substitute date and time is not agreed upon, the telecast so pre-empted shall be deemed cancelled and the charges allocable thereto, cancelled. 5. COMMERCIAL MATERIALS All commercial materials shall be furnished to Turner and delivered to it at Agency’s and/or Advertiser's sole cost and expense, unless otherwise agreed upon. Such materials, together with any instructions pertaining thereto shall be delivered not less than five (5) calendar days in advance of the scheduled appearance on the site. In certain situations, Turner may require Agency/Advertiser to submit a script, storyboard, and/or rough-cut of the commercial for Turner's review up to ten (10) calendar days in advance of the first scheduled air date for linear feeds. Advertiser/Agency must provide the final version of the commercial spot no less than forty-five (45) calendar days prior to scheduled flight date for Video On Demand. All materials furnished or approved by Agency or Advertiser shall not be contrary to the public interest, shall conform to Turner's then existing program and operating policy and quality standards and are subject to Turner's prior approval and continuing right to reject, suspend the access of, or require editing of such materials. Agency and Advertiser jointly and severally represent and warrant, and take full responsibility to ensure, that for all materials submitted or approved by Agency or Advertiser (i) they are authorized and have obtained all necessary clearances, permissions, approvals, authorizations, rights and licenses to make available on the site or to telecast the entire contents and subject of the materials; (ii) all materials comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and any industry codes or rules by which Advertiser or Agency may be bound, (iii) (if applicable) the advertising complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act in connection with any information collected by Advertiser, including but not limited to collection of information from CartoonNetworkLA.com users; (iv) all advertising or any other materials provided shall not contain spyware, adware, or any other software designed to covertly gather user information through the user's internet connection; (v) all advertising or any other materials provided shall not contain unauthorized embedded interactive triggers or other software that automatically diverts users from any Turner site or service; and (vi) all materials are accurate and that all claims contained therein have been substantiated. Without limiting the foregoing, Agency and Advertiser agree, represent and warrant that, with respect to advertising placed on Turner's web sites, they shall secure any and all clearances, permissions, approvals, authorizations, rights and licenses necessary for Turner's placement of all elements contained in the materials for uses of all types in all geographical areas serviced by the World Wide Web of the Internet. Turner will not be liable for loss or damage to, or errors or omissions in, any advertising provided by or approved by Advertiser or Agency. If requested within thirty (30) calendar days of the last access hereunder, Turner will at Agency’s or Advertiser's sole expense return the material to Agency or Advertiser. All material not so requested shall be disposed of at any time after sixty (60) calendar days following the last access hereunder. 6. INDEMNIFICATION Agency and Advertiser will jointly and severally indemnify and hold harmless Turner from and against all claims, demands, debts, obligations, or charges (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements) which arise out of or result from Agency's and/or Advertiser's breach of any obligations, representations, or warranties hereunder, or the appearance of materials, or contemplated appearance of materials, furnished by or on behalf of Agency or Advertiser or furnished by Turner for the benefit of Agency and/or Advertiser. The provisions of this paragraph shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement. 7. GENERAL (a) No conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on Agreements, insertion orders, or instructions, which conflict with the provisions of this confirmation Agreement will be binding on Turner, unless agreed by the parties. (b) Unless otherwise agreed by Turner and Agency or Advertiser, with respect to on-line advertisements, Turner shall have the right to insert the advertising in various areas of the applicable website from time to time in its discretion and all advertising positioning/placement clauses or conditions will be treated as requests and cannot be guaranteed. Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, with respect to on-air advertisements, Turner will telecast the advertising and programs covered by this Agreement on the date and at the approximate hour and time agreed upon by the parties. Advertising placed in VOD services shall be available according to the schedule agreed by the parties. Turner shall have no obligation to telecast for the benefit of any person other than Agency and Advertiser or for a product or service other than that agreed upon by the parties. Under-delivery that is not cleared within one year of the end date of the media schedule will be considered delivered. (c) In consideration of Turner’s provision of advertising, Agency and Advertiser acknowledge and assume full responsibility and will be jointly and severally liable for payment of all services that Turner orders, provides and/or renders on behalf of the Advertiser. Advertiser and Agency will pay for all such services as indicated in the invoice and if the invoice is silent within forty-five (45) calendar days from the date of the invoice. Advertiser and Agency agree to pay and will be jointly and severally liable for all costs of collection, including, without limitation, court costs and such attorney’s fees as are permitted by law. (d) Generally, orders for advertising shall be non-cancelable less than ten (10) calendar days prior to the first date on which it is scheduled to appear within the specified Turner site, network or service and through the advertising period agreed to pursuant to the insertion order. In the event the order was placed less than ten (10) calendar days prior to the first date of appearance or the request for cancelation is made after the deadline, the order may be canceled only at Turner’s discretion. (e) Advertiser and/or Agency shall notify Turner in writing within thirty (30) calendar days from the date of invoice of any discrepancy or disagreement with any telecast, advertisement, service, and/or the amount charged for the same. Advertiser’s and/or Agency’s failure to report any such discrepancy or disagreement in writing within such time will constitute a waiver of any claim relating to such discrepancy or disagreement. (f) Unless otherwise specifically agreed upon by the parties, no cash discounts, volume discounts or other discounted rates will apply. (g) Turner, Agency and Advertiser acknowledge that they will have access to certain trade secrets and other non-public confidential information of each other during and in connection with the performance of services ("Confidential Information"), and each hereby agrees not to disclose any Confidential Information to any third party and not to use any such Confidential Information for any purpose other than the performance of services pursuant to these Standard Terms. All such Confidential Information and trade secrets are and shall remain the exclusive property of their respective owner and no license shall be granted or implied with respect to such Confidential Information or trade secrets by reason of access to the same in connection with the performance of services hereunder. The foregoing agreement of non-use and nondisclosure shall survive any termination or expiration of any agreement between the parties and shall continue in full force and effect for a period of three (3) years from the date of the Agreement. (h) This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to its conflicts of law principles or provisions. Any suit, action or proceeding brought in connection with or arising under this Agreement must be brought in a Federal, State or local court of competent jurisdiction located in Fulton County, Georgia, and Advertiser and Agency hereby expressly consent to the exclusive jurisdiction thereof. (i) In the event of a breach hereof by Turner, the exclusive remedy of Advertiser and Agency therefore shall be a credit for substituted advertising time of equal value, and in no event shall Turner be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or monetary damages of any type. (j) This Agreement is subject to the terms of licenses held by Turner and is subject also to all laws and regulations now enforced or which may be enacted in the future, including but not limited to the rules and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission and Ofcom, where applicable. (k) As used herein the term "Turner" shall refer to the division or subsidiary of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. which will provide access for the advertisement purchased pursuant to this Agreement. (l) The party placing advertising on behalf of Advertiser and Agency acknowledges that it has the authority to do so and that by its placement has caused both Advertiser and Agency to be bound by the terms hereof. Agency shall be deemed to be acting as the principal and the authorized agent for any advertiser for whom Agency may order advertising or related services and/or on whose behalf Agency places advertising with Turner, including, without limitation, Advertiser, liability being joint and several. (m) A waiver by Turner of any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such terms or conditions for the future, or of any subsequent breach thereof, nor shall any such waiver relieve Agency or Advertiser from their obligations to comply strictly with the terms and conditions of this agreement. (n) If any term or condition of this Agreement is declared invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby, and each remaining term or condition of this Agreement shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. (o) Advertiser and Agency acknowledge and agree that time is of the essence in this Agreement. (p) The Advertiser and Agency agree that in the course of the implementation of this Agreement, Advertiser and Agency shall not offer, give or promise anything of value (including gifts or payments), directly or indirectly, to any government official, political party or party official, or any candidate for public office for the purpose of influencing any act or decision of that person or party or induce such person or party to use its influence to affect or influence any act or decision of any government agency, state or local. For purposes of this paragraph, the term “government official” shall include (i) any officer or employee of a national government, state or local government or any department, agency, or instrumentality of such government or any person acting in any official capacity on behalf of that government, department, agency, or instrumentality; and (ii) any officer of a government-owned corporation. The Advertiser and Agency shall comply with all laws, rules and regulations, and at all times manage their business in accordance with the highest ethical standards and responsible business practices and sound business practices as generally accepted, in fulfilling their obligations under this Agreement. The Advertiser and Agency agree that if they become aware or have reason to know of the existence of any payment or transfer (or offer of promise of payment or transfer) that would violate the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Bribery Act or any other applicable anti-bribery or corruption law, any other law of the United States of America, or any law of the countries to which this Agreement is applicable, the Advertiser and Agency shall disclose such payment or transfer immediately to Turner. End of Standard Terms and Conditions Back to top.
LATIN AMERICA (NON-BRAZIL) - SPANISH
Términos y Condiciones Estándar para la Contratación de Publicidad
1. APLICACIÓN Los presentes términos y condiciones suscriptos entre Turner, la Agencia y el Anunciante (los “Términos Estándar”) se aplicarán a cualquier contratación realizada por el Anunciante, o por la Agencia en su nombre y representación, para realizar cualquier tipo de publicidad o promoción en cualquier servicio de Turner, incluyendo de manera no taxativa redes y sitios web. Los Términos Estándar, junto con la correspondiente Orden de Inserción, constituirán el acuerdo entre Turner y la Agencia y/o el Anunciante con respecto a la publicidad específica (el “Acuerdo”). Como los Términos Estándar están diseñados para dar cabida a una variedad de transacciones, es posible que algunos de los términos y condiciones en el presente no serán relevantes a cada transacción. Por ejemplo, si una transacción no implica la publicidad en la red, no se aplicarán los términos de los Términos Estándar relacionados con la publicidad en la red. Por otra parte, si los términos de la correspondiente Orden de Inserción contradicen estos Términos Estándar, los términos de la Orden de Inserción prevalecerán estos Términos Estándar. 2. RESCISIÓN Turner podrá rescindir el presente Acuerdo en cualquier momento (i) en caso de incumplimiento sustancial por parte de la Agencia o el Anunciante, (ii) en virtud de lo dispuesto en la cláusula 4 del presente, o (iii) si en razonable opinión de Turner, el crédito de la Agencia o el Anunciante se viera afectado. En caso de rescisión por parte de Turner, todos los cargos devengados e impagos serán pagaderos de inmediato. 3. FUERZA MAYOR Si como consecuencia de caso fortuito, fuerza mayor, emergencia pública, conflicto laboral, restricciones impuestas por ley u otras órdenes gubernamentales, fallas técnicas o por cualquier otra causa que escape al razonable control de Turner, ésta no pudiera transmitir o en general brindar acceso a cualquier publicidad, anuncio o programa a ser prestado en virtud del presente, Turner no se encontrará en situación de incumplimiento, sino que estará autorizada a brindar una fecha y hora alternativas, razonablemente satisfactorias, para transmitir o brindar acceso a los mismos, y si no existiera un horario disponible, se dispensará el pago de los cargos correspondientes al acceso omitido. 4. EXCLUSIONES Turner tendrá derecho a cancelar cualquier transmisión o parte de la misma en virtud del presente Acuerdo, por cualquier motivo, incluyendo de manera no taxativa la transmisión de cualquier programa o evento que Turner a su solo criterio considere de interés o importancia pública. En caso de no acordarse una fecha y hora alternativas y satisfactorias, la transmisión así excluida se considerará cancelada, y se dispensará el pago de los cargos correspondientes. 5. MATERIALES COMERCIALES Todos los materiales comerciales serán suministrados a Turner y entregados al exclusivo costo de la Agencia y/o el Anunciante, a menos que se acordara otra cosa. Los referidos materiales, junto con las instrucciones relativas a los mismos, deberán entregarse por lo menos cinco (5) días calendarios antes de su aparición prevista en el sitio. En ciertas situaciones, Turner podrá exigir que la Agencia/el Anunciante presente un libreto, storyboard, y/o borrador del comercial para la revisión de Turner hasta diez (10) días calendarios antes de la primera fecha prevista para su transmisión en el caso de feeds lineales. El Anunciante/la Agencia deberá suministrar la versión definitiva del comercial al menos cuarenta y cinco (45) días calendarios antes de la fecha estreno prevista para Video On Demand. Los materiales suministrados o aprobados por la Agencia o el Anunciante no deberán ser contrarios al interés público, deberán cumplir con la política de programación y operación y los estándares de calidad de Turner vigentes a esa fecha, y se encontrarán sujetos a la previa aprobación de Turner y a su derecho de rechazar, suspender el acceso a, o exigir la edición de dichos materiales en cualquier momento. La Agencia y el Anunciante declaran y garantizan solidariamente, y asumen la responsabilidad de asegurar, respecto de todos los materiales presentados o aprobados por la Agencia o el Anunciante, que (i) los mismos se encuentren autorizados y hayan obtenido todos los permisos, aprobaciones, autorizaciones, derechos y licencias necesarias para poner a disposición en el sitio o transmitir la totalidad del contenido y objeto de los materiales; (ii) todos los materiales cumplan con todas las leyes, normas y regulaciones aplicables, así como los códigos o normas de la industria que obliguen al Anunciante o la Agencia, (iii) (si correspondiera) la publicidad cumpla con la Ley de Protección de la Privacidad Online de los Menores en relación con cualquier información reunida por el Anunciante, incluyendo de manera no taxativa información de los usuarios de CartoonNetworkLA.com; (iv) la publicidad o cualquier otro material suministrado no contenga spyware, adware, ni ningún otro software diseñado para obtener de manera encubierta información sobre los usuarios a través de la conexión a Internet de los mismos; (v) la publicidad o cualquier otro material suministrado no contenga disparadores interactivos no autorizados u otro software que automáticamente desvíe a los usuarios de cualquier sitio o servicio de Turner; y (vi) todos los materiales sean veraces, y que las manifestaciones incluidas en los mismos se encuentren sustanciadas. Sin limitar lo antedicho, la Agencia y el Anunciante acuerdan, declaran y garantizan que, con respecto a la publicidad realizada en sitios web de Turner, la Agencia y el Anunciante obtendrán todos los permisos, aprobaciones, autorizaciones, derechos y licencias necesarios para que Turner coloque todos los elementos contenidos en los materiales para usos de todo tipo y en todas las áreas geográficas cubiertas por la World Wide Web de Internet. Turner no será responsable por daños o pérdidas de, errores u omisiones en, la publicidad suministrada o aprobada por el Anunciante o la Agencia. Si así se solicitara dentro de los treinta (30) días calendarios a partir del último acceso en virtud del presente, a expensas de la Agencia o el Anunciante Turner devolverá el material a la Agencia o el Anunciante. El material cuya devolución no se solicite será destruido en cualquier momento una vez transcurridos sesenta (60) días calendarios a partir del último acceso en virtud del presente. 6. OBLIGACIÓN DE INDEMNIZAR La Agencia y el Anunciante, actuando solidariamente, deberán indemnizar y mantener indemne a Turner respecto de todos los reclamos, demandas, deudas, obligaciones o cargos (incluyendo honorarios y desembolsos legales razonables) que surjan del incumplimiento por parte de la Agencia y/o el Anunciante de cualquier obligación, declaración o garantía en virtud del presente, o la aparición (real o prevista) de materiales suministrados por la Agencia o el Anunciante o en nombre de éstos, o suministrados por Turner en beneficio de la Agencia y/o el Anunciante. Lo dispuesto en esta cláusula continuará vigente luego de la rescisión o vencimiento del presente Acuerdo. 7. DISPOSICIONES GENERALES (a) Ninguna condición, impresa o de otro tipo, que aparezca en Acuerdos, órdenes de inserción o instrucciones, y que entre en conflicto con las disposiciones del presente Acuerdo de confirmación, será vinculante para Turner, a menos que así lo acordaran las partes. (b) A menos que Turner y la Agencia o el Anunciante acordaran otra cosa, con respecto a los avisos online, Turner tendrá derecho a insertar la publicidad en distintas áreas del sitio web correspondiente, en cualquier momento y a su solo criterio; las cláusulas o condiciones sobre posicionamiento/colocación de publicidad se tratarán como solicitudes, no siendo posible garantizar las mismas. Con sujeción a los términos y condiciones del presente, con respecto a los avisos que salgan al aire, Turner transmitirá la publicidad y los programas alcanzados por el presente Acuerdo en la fecha y aproximadamente a la hora acordada por las partes. La publicidad en servicios VOD estará disponible de acuerdo al cronograma acordado por las partes. Turner no tendrá obligación de transmitir en beneficio de ninguna persona que no sea la Agencia y el Anunciante, o para un producto o servicio distinto de aquéllos convenidos por las partes. Cualquier servicio no prestado que no se aclare en el plazo de un año contado a partir del final del cronograma de medios correspondiente se considerará debidamente prestado. (c) En contraprestación por los servicios de publicidad suministrados por Turner, la Agencia y el Anunciante reconocen y asumen plena responsabilidad, y serán solidariamente responsables, por el pago de todos los servicios que Turner ordene, preste y/o brinde en nombre del Anunciante. El Anunciante y la Agencia deberán pagar dichos servicios como se indica en la factura y si la factura no se pronuncia dentro de los cuarenta y cinco (45) días calendarios a partir de la fecha de la factura. El Anunciante y la Agencia acuerdan pagar y ser solidariamente responsables por todos los costos de cobranza, incluyendo de manera no taxativa costas judiciales y los honorarios legales permitidos por ley. (d) Generalmente, los pedidos de publicidad no podrán cancelarse menos de diez (10) días calendarios antes de la primera fecha programada para su aparición en el sitio, red o servicio de Turner especificado, ni durante todo el plazo de publicidad acordado en virtud de la orden de inserción. En el caso de que el pedido fue realizado a menos de diez (10) días calendarios antes de la primera fecha de la apariencia o la solicitud de cancelación se hace después de la fecha tope, la orden puede ser cancelada únicamente a discreción de Turner. (e) El Anunciante y/o la Agencia deberán notificar a Turner por escrito dentro de los treinta (30) días calendarios a partir de la fecha de la factura, cualquier discrepancia o desacuerdo con cualquier transmisión, aviso, servicio y/o con la suma cobrada por los mismos. Si el Anunciante y/o la Agencia no informaran dicha discrepancia o desacuerdo por escrito en el referido plazo, ello constituirá renuncia respecto de cualquier reclamo relativo a dicha discrepancia o desacuerdo. (f) A menos que las partes acordaran específicamente otra cosa, no se aplicarán descuentos por pago en efectivo, por volumen o por otros motivos. (g) Turner, la Agencia y el Anunciante reconocen que tendrán acceso a ciertos secretos comerciales y demás información privada y confidencial de las demás partes durante y con motivo de la prestación de los servicios ("Información Confidencial"), y cada uno de ellos por el presente acuerda no divulgar Información Confidencial a terceros y no utilizar la misma con ningún fin que no sea la prestación de servicios en virtud de estos Términos Estándar. Toda la Información Confidencial y secretos comerciales son y seguirán siendo exclusivamente propiedad de sus respectivos titulares, sin que se otorgue o implique licencia alguna con respecto a dicha Información Confidencial o secretos comerciales en razón del acceso a los mismos en relación con la prestación de servicios en virtud del presente. El referido acuerdo de no utilizar y no revelar Información Confidencial continuará vigente luego de la rescisión o vencimiento de cualquier acuerdo entre las partes, y continuará vigente durante tres (3) años contados a partir de la fecha del Acuerdo. (h) El presente acuerdo se regirá e interpretará de acuerdo con las leyes del Estado de Georgia, sin tener en cuenta sus principios o disposiciones de derecho internacional privado. Cualquier juicio, acción o proceso iniciado en relación con el presente Acuerdo o emergente del mismo, deberá iniciarse ante los tribunales competentes, ya sean federales, estaduales o locales, ubicados en el Condado de Fulton, Georgia, y el Anunciante y la Agencia por el presente prestan su consentimiento expreso respecto de la jurisdicción y competencia exclusivas de los referidos tribunales. (i) En caso de incumplimiento del presente por parte de Turner, el único recurso a disposición del Anunciante y la Agencia será un crédito por tiempo de publicidad de igual valor; Turner no será responsable en ningún caso por daños indirectos o incidentales, o por daños monetarios de ninguna clase. (j) El presente Acuerdo se encontrará sujeto a los términos de las licencias otorgadas a Turner, así como a todas las leyes y normas presentes y futuras, incluyendo de manera no taxativa las normas y regulaciones de la Comisión Federal de Comunicaciones y Ofcom, cuando correspondiera. (k) El término "Turner" utilizado en el presente hace referencia a la división o subsidiaria de Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. que otorgue acceso en relación con la publicidad comprada en virtud del presente Acuerdo. (l) La parte que coloque publicidad en nombre y representación del Anunciante y la Agencia reconoce que posee la autoridad para hacerlo, y que al colocar dicha publicidad hace que tanto el Anunciante como la Agencia queden obligados en virtud de los términos del presente. Se entenderá que la Agencia actúa como obligado principal y como representante autorizado de cualquier anunciante por el cual ordene publicidad o servicios relacionados, y/o en cuyo nombre y representación la Agencia coloque publicidad en Turner, incluyendo de manera no taxativa el Anunciante, siendo solidaria la responsabilidad entre ellos. (m) Una dispensa por parte de Turner respecto de cualquiera de los términos y condiciones del presente Acuerdo no constituirá dispensa respecto de los mismos para el futuro, ni respecto de ningún incumplimiento subsiguiente de los mismos, ni liberará a la Agencia o el Anunciante de sus obligaciones de cumplir estrictamente los términos y condiciones del presente acuerdo. (n) Si cualquier término o condición del presente Acuerdo fuera declarada inválida o inexigible, ello no afectará a las restantes disposiciones del presente, las que seguirán siendo válidas y exigibles en la mayor medida permitida por ley. (o) El Anunciante y la Agencia reconocen y acuerdan que el cumplimiento de los plazos resulta esencial a los efectos del presente Acuerdo. (p) El Anunciante y la Agencia acuerdan que, en el curso de la implantación de este Acuerdo, no se ofrecerán, pagarán o prometerán ningún dinero, directa o indirectamente, a ningún funcionario gubernamental, partido político o funcionario de partido, o a ningún candidato para cargo público, a los fines de influir cualquier acto o decisión, de dicha persona o partido o inducir a dicha persona o partido a usar su influencia para afectar o influir cualquier acto o decisión de cualquier gobierno u organismo nacional, estadal o local. Para los fines de este párrafo, el término “funcionario gubernamental” incluirá a cualquier funcionario o empleado de un gobierno nacional, estadal o local, o cualquier departamento, agencia u organismo de dicho gobierno, o cualquier persona que actúe con carácter oficial en representación de dicho gobierno, departamento, agencia u organismo. Anunciante y la Agencia cumplirán con todas las leyes, normas y reglamentos aplicables, y en todo momento manejarán sus negocios de conformidad con los más altos estándares éticos y responsables y prácticas laborales y con prácticas comerciales sensatas y generalmente aceptadas, en el cumplimiento de sus obligaciones bajo este Acuerdo. Anunciante y la Agencia acuerdan que, en caso de tomar conocimiento o tener motivos para saber de la existencia de cualquier pago o transferencia (u ofrecimiento o promesa de pago o transferencia) que resultaría violatoria de la FCPA, de cualquier otra ley de los Estados Unidos de América, o de los leyes de los países a los que este Acuerdo es aplicable, lo revelarán de inmediato a la Compañía Fin de los Términos y Condiciones Estándar Back to top.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. Online Advertising Standard Terms and Conditions
1. APPLICATION The terms and conditions of this contract between Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and/or any of its subsidiaries or divisions (“TBS”) and Agency and Advertiser shall apply to any purchase made by Advertiser, or by Agency on behalf of Advertiser, for the placement of advertising on any of TBS’s websites.
2. REPORTING AND INVOICING TBS will track ad delivery through its own reporting from its designated first party ad server. For contract based media buys, TBS will invoice Agency based on agreed upon contracted rate and payment schedule. For performance based media buys, TBS will report and invoice based on actual impressions delivered. Invoice reconciliation will occur at the request of the Agency where the difference between TBS’s reported impressions and the Agency’s third party ad server’s reported impressions is greater than 10%.
3. CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION Agency may cancel the Insertion Order (“IO”) with 30 days prior written notice. Notwithstanding the foregoing, except in the case of material breach by TBS, neither Agency nor Advertiser may cancel this Insertion Order if this Insertion Order incorporates inventory across multiple TBS media, (web and broadband are defined as one medium for the purpose of this provision) and/or the Insertion Order includes a Special Sponsorship Investment by Agency/Advertiser. TBS may terminate this contract at any time (i) upon material breach by Agency and/or Advertiser, (ii) if TBS considers that performance of this contract is in breach of applicable law, or (iii) if, in TBS's reasonable opinion, the credit of Agency (or, where Agency is the Company, of Agency and/or Client) is impaired. Upon such termination, all unpaid accrued charges shall immediately become due and payable. Termination shall be without prejudice to any right or remedy accruing prior to the date of termination. TBS is not liable for any special, consequential or incidental loss or monetary damages of any type.
4. SHARE OF VOICE/SPONSORSHIPS Those media buys based on share of voice shall be billed on a flat fee. There is no impression guarantee for share of voice based media buys, regardless of the share of voice percentage. All sponsorships shall also be billed on a flat fee basis.
5. OMISSION OF DELIVERY If, as a result of a major news event, act of God, force majeure, public emergency, labor dispute, restriction imposed by law or other governmental order, technical failure or for any other cause beyond TBS's reasonable control, TBS fails to serve the advertising materials referenced in the applicable IO (“Ad Materials”), TBS shall not be in breach hereof, but TBS shall be authorized to substitute a reasonably satisfactory date to serve the Ad Materials and if no such date is available the charges allocable to serving such Ad Materials will be waived.
6. ADVERTISING MATERIALS All Ad Materials shall be furnished to TBS and delivered to it at Agency and/or Advertiser's sole cost and expense. Such materials, together with any instructions pertaining thereto, shall be delivered not less than five (5) business days in advance of the scheduled delivery. At TBS’s discretion, TBS may require Agency/Advertiser to submit a script, storyboard, and/or rough cut of the Ad Materials for TBS’s review up to ten (10) business days in advance of the first scheduled delivery date. All materials furnished shall not be contrary to the public interest, shall conform to TBS's then existing program and operating policy and quality standards, and are subject to TBS’s prior approval and continuing right to reject, suspend the delivery of or require editing of such materials. Agency and Advertiser jointly and severally represent and warrant, and take full responsibility to ensure, that (i) they are authorized and have obtained all necessary clearances, permissions, approvals, authorizations, rights and licenses necessary for TBS's delivery of all elements contained in the Ad Materials for uses of all types in all geographical areas; (ii) all Ad Materials comply with all applicable privacy laws and codes and laws, rules, and regulations relating to advertising content, and any industry codes or rules by which Advertiser or Agency may be bound; (iii) no Ad Materials contain any spyware, adware, or any other software designed to covertly gather user information through the user's internet connection; (iv) no Ad Materials contain any unauthorized embedded interactive triggers or other software that automatically diverts users from any TBS site or service and (v) all Ad Materials are accurate and all claims contained therein have been substantiated. TBS will not be liable for loss or damage to such Ad Materials.
In the event that TBS or its designee creates or contributes to the Advertising Materials and Advertiser and/or Agency approves such materials, Advertiser shall indemnify TBS from any liabilities or expenses which may arise out of use of same. Advertiser shall acquire no rights to the Advertising Materials created by TBS or its designee.
7. INDEMNIFICATION Agency and Advertiser will jointly and severally indemnify and hold harmless TBS from and against all claims, demands, debts, obligations or charges (including reasonable attorneys fees and disbursements) which arise out of a result from (i) Agency's and/or Advertiser's breach of any obligations, representations, or warranties hereunder or (ii) serving the Ad Materials, preparation of the Ad Materials, or contemplated delivery of materials furnished by or on behalf of Agency or Advertiser or furnished by TBS at their request for use in connection with the Ad Materials. The provisions of this paragraph shall survive the termination or expiration of the applicable IO.
(a) In the event of any inconsistency between the terms of an IO and these Terms and Conditions, the terms of the IO shall prevail, on the condition that the IO has been mutually agreed and is signed by both parties.
(b) Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, TBS will make best efforts to display the Ad Materials covered by the applicable IO according to the terms set forth therein. TBS shall have no obligation to display the Ad Materials for the benefit of any person other than Agency and Advertiser or for a product or service other than that agreed upon by the parties.
(c) Agency and Advertiser acknowledge and assume full responsibility, jointly and severally, for payment of all advertising services and related expenses incurred, ordered, and provided on behalf of the Advertiser by TBS. Payment for all advertising services provided by TBS shall be due and payable within thirty (30) days from the date of the invoice. Interest shall be added to all amounts thirty (30) days or more past due at the highest legal rate permitted under the law of these terms and conditions, calculated from the date of invoice. Should timely payments not be made, Advertiser and Agency agree to pay all costs of collection, including attorney's fees of fifteen percent (15%) and court costs, if collected by law or through an attorney at law.
d) In the event that actual Deliverables for any advertising campaign fall below guaranteed levels, as set forth in the IO, and/or if there is an omission of any ad (placement or creative unit), Agency and TBS will endeavor to agree upon the conditions of a make-good flight of advertising, either in the IO or at the time of the shortfall. If no make-good can be agreed upon, Agency may execute a credit equal to the value of the under-delivered portion of the IO for which it was charged.
(e) Any discrepancy or disagreement by Agency or Advertiser with any services provided hereunder, or any related services, or the amount charged for the same, shall be reported to TBS in writing within thirty (30) days from the date of invoice relating to the same, time being of the essence. Failure to report in writing such discrepancy or disagreement within such time shall constitute a waiver of any claim by Advertiser and Agency for any such discrepancy or disagreement.
(f) Unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties, no cash discounts, volume discounts or other discounted rates will apply.
(g) This contract shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England.
(h) In the event of a breach hereof by TBS, the exclusive remedy of Advertiser and Agency therefor shall be a credit for substituted advertising time of equal value.
(i) The party executing this contract on behalf of Advertiser and Agency acknowledges that it has the authority to do so that they have taken all steps necessary and appropriate to authorize the execution and performance hereof and that by its execution has caused both Advertiser and Agency to be bound by the terms hereof.
Turner International India Private Limited
Modern Slavery Act Statement for Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited, a U.K. subsidiary of Time Warner
Time Warner Inc.Time Warner Inc. (“Time Warner” or the “Company”), a leading media and entertainment company with businesses in television networks and film and TV entertainment, is incorporated and headquartered in the United States. Time Warner and its three operating segments -- Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Home Box Office, Inc., and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. -- have operations in the United States and, through subsidiaries, internationally, including in the United Kingdom. This statement has been made and adopted by Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited (TBSEL) pursuant to Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act of 2015 (the “Act”). TBSEL is a Time Warner subsidiary with operations in the U.K. that meet the criteria set forth in the Act. This statement has been approved by the TBSEL Board of Directors and also applies to all subsidiaries of TBSEL which meet the criteria set forth in the Act. This statement covers TBSEL’s business activities for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2016. Standards of Business ConductTime Warner is committed to conducting global business with high ethical and legal standards. That commitment begins with Time Warner’s Standards of Business Conduct (SBC), available at http://www.timewarner.com/company/corporate-governance/codes-of-conduct. The SBC apply to all employees of Time Warner and serve as a model for comparable codes of conduct that have been adopted at each of the Company’s businesses, including offices outside the U.S. The SBC stress the importance of abiding by the law, being truthful, being transparent in our business dealings, putting the needs of our shareholders and customers first, and avoiding excesses and ethical lapses. Ethical Sourcing and Supply ChainIn addition to the SBC, the Company has policies on specific topics to provide guidance to employees. In 2007, the Time Warner Board of Directors adopted ethical sourcing guidelines, which apply to vendors from whom the Company purchases directly and to whom the Company’s subsidiaries license images, brands and characters. The Guidelines establish expectations for the vendors' business operations as they relate to Time Warner and its businesses and reflect our commitment to conduct business in an ethical manner and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The Guidelines set forth Time Warner’s expectations with respect to, among other areas: (1) child labor, (2) involuntary labor, (3) coercion, abuse and harassment of supplier employees, (4) working hours and compensation, and (5) worker health and safety. Time Warner reserves the right to take any actions it deems appropriate to monitor and promote adherence to the Guidelines. Time Warner's Internal Audit department reviews contracts with vendors as part of its divisional and departmental audits to confirm whether the Guidelines have been incorporated. Time Warner believes in the value of collaborating and sharing information to improve responsible sourcing efforts across the globe. Time Warner’s businesses are members of various industry working groups, including the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers' Association (LIMA) and the Toy Industry Association (TIA). TrainingThe Company understands that a key component of an effective compliance environment is employee training and education regarding the rules and policies that apply to their business activities, as well as the Company’s commitment to ethical business conduct. Employees receive training on the SBC when they join the Company, as well as regular ethics and compliance training on laws that apply to our business activities, to reinforce the Company’s commitment to compliance with laws and ethical behavior. Reporting and Monitoring MisconductEmployees are encouraged to report any misconduct or unethical behavior. The Company and its businesses provide multiple means of reporting concerns, including a HelpLine monitored 24-7, which enable anonymous reporting where permitted by local law. Third parties can also report concerns, including through the HelpLine (where permitted by local law). These various means of reporting are listed in the SBC and publicized to employees and business partners. Time Warner and its businesses encourage anyone to report in good faith issues about potential ethical, legal, regulatory, or human rights violations. The Company will investigate allegations and take appropriate remedial actions.
Sourced Traffic Disclosure
to access information about sourced traffic to Turner.com
©, ® and ™ 2017. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. A Time Warner Company.