MakerspaceURI is open by appointment
during the 2021 Spring semester. 3D-printing and other services are available via the order-and-pick-up service
at all times. You can also remotely access
our MakerspaceURI computers.
MakerspaceURI at the URI Libraries is an academically-focused makerspace open to all URI students and faculty. MakerspaceURI provides access to fabrication equipment/software, 2d/3d design, virtual reality, and many other tools and technologies that facilitate hands-on learning, teaching, and research activities in all disciplines at URI.
Hours, Location, & Contact Info
Remote Access to MakerspaceURI Computers
- You can now remotely access our high-performance PCs with makerspace-related applications!
- Please connect through the URI ITS Remote Access.
- Make sure to self-register the first time you remotely access our computers.
Events & Workshops
- 3D Printers: Makerbot Replicator+ (2); Dremel 3D20 (9); FLSUN Delta Kossel; Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer
- 3D Scanners: EinScan Pro 2X
- CNC Router: Carbide 3D CNC Printer
- Laser Engraver: GCC Laserpro Spirit LS
- VR Headsets: HTC Vive, HTC Vive Pro
- Robotic Arm: Universal Robotics UR 5
- Sewing Machines/ Embroidery: Brother XM2701 Sewing Machine, Brother PE-770 Embroidery System
- Tablets: MS Surface, Huion, Looking Glass Factory Hologram Display
- Vinyl Cutter: GCC Expert Pro Vinyl Cutter, Silhouette Cameo Cutter
- Sony Alpha a6400 Mirrorless Digital Camera (with a tripod and accessories)
- Computers: 7 DELL high-performance PCs, 2 Mac Laptops, 1 Alienware PC
- See also the MakerspaceURI wiki.
MakerspaceURI Use Policy
- The MakerspaceURI must be used for educational purposes only.
- No use of the MakerspaceURI for commercial or business-related purpose is allowed.
- The MakerspaceURI must be used for lawful purposes only.
- All equipment of the MakerspaceURI are for in-library use only at the MakerspaceURI. No equipment check-out is provided.
- In the use of all MakerspaceURI equipment, software, and space, the highest priority is given to the URI students and faculty and their projects that are either course-related or do support/enhance their learning, teaching, and research activities.
- Users and visitors are responsible for their own safety during all equipment use at the MakerspaceURI. The URI Libraries and the MakerspaceURI are not responsible for any injury that a user inflicts on himself/herself during the use of the makerspace equipment.
- Users and visitors agree to comply will the rules, regulations, and policies outlined in the URI Student Handbook and the URI Libraries’ code of patron conduct.
- Users and visitors must respect the health and safety of the University community and abide by all applicable laws and policies of URI and the URI Libraries.
- The URI Libraries staff reserves the right to deny access and use of the MakerspaceURI.
- Users and visitors must abide by all US copyright and patent laws. The URI Libraries and the MakerspaceURI are not responsible for any copyright breach.
- Notice Concerning Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Restrictions:
- The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material
- Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
- This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright or other intellectual property laws.
MakerspaceURI News and Presentations
URI is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of affirmative action. Work at URI