The hackathon will take place from August 13th, 5am UTC (7am CEST) to August 14th, 4:59 am UTC. The schedule takes in account the various time zones in which participants are located.
To discover previous sessions or other resources that can be helpful for you to get started on a technical project, feel free to check the "Other resources" section below the schedule table.
- Basic skills needed to contribute to development of MediaWiki core and MediaWiki extensions
- An overview of the MediaWiki Action API (slides)
- About the Wikidata Query Service (WDQS) provides a way for tools to access Wikidata data
- About Gerrit, the tool we use to handle code reviews
- An introduction to Wikimedia Cloud Services (i.e., Toolforge, PAWS)
- An overview about Structured Data
- A basic overview of the implementation of Lua on Wikimedia projects
- Writing documentation as a community - Dan Schick (video, 20min)
- Where can I run this? An introduction to Wikimedia Cloud Services - Andrew (video, 25min)
- Intro to PAWS/Jupyter notebooks for Python beginners - Chico Venancio (video, 25min)
- Intro to Toolhub for tool maintainers - bd808 (video, 25min)
- Untangling Mediawiki - Daniel Kinzler (video, 20min)
- Wikibase starting from scratch - Luca Mauri (video, 20min)
- Lua modules training - tomaomg (video, 40min)
- An introduction to user scripts and gadgets (slides)
- Opportunities for new developers in the Wikipedia community including an overview of the technical areas and projects - Srishti Sethi (video)
- Resources, tools, and recommendations in technical areas relevant to smaller wikis that are just getting started
This page was last edited on 4 October 2021, at 23:43.