For media inquiries about Wikipedia, Wikimedia, or the Wikimedia Foundation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us +1 415-839-6885
For media relations requests only. For all general, public inquiries, or other concerns, please use our contact page
Public speaking requests
If you have a public speaking request for a Wikimedia spokesperson, please email email@example.com
with details of the event and request.
Wikimedia facts and figures
- Wikipedia was started in 2001.
- Today, Wikipedia exists in nearly 300 languages across more than 45 million articles.
- Projects and programs made possible by the Wikimedia Foundation reach more than 1 billion devices a month
- More than 200,000 editors contribute to Wikipedia every month.
- Wikipedia is read more than 15 billion times every month. That means people reading Wikipedia about 6,000 times every second.
- Wikimedia sites are accessed by more than 1 billion unique devices every month.
- We don’t track unique visitors to Wikimedia sites because of our strong commitment to privacy.
- We do have information about the number of unique devices that access Wikipedia and Wikimedia sites.
Wikimedia Foundation and Wikipedia images
- Founder, Wikipedia and Wikimedia Foundation
4 April 2018 Heather Walls, the current leader of Wikimedia Foundation’s Communications department, and Kui Kinyanjui, an executive with over 18 years of experience in journalism and global communications, will be assuming permanent senior leadership roles as Chief Creative Officer and Vice President of Communications respectively
3 April 2018 We are always happy to see people, companies, and organizations recognize Wikipedia’s value as a repository of free knowledge
2 March 2018 Seasoned attorney joins the Wikimedia Foundation after six years serving as General Counsel at the Software Freedom Conservancy
18 January 2018 For nearly 9 months, the world has missed the knowledge, voices, and perspectives of the people of Turkey on Wikipedia
Regional Wikimedia press contacts
Wikimedia is a global free knowledge movement with contributors around the world. f you would like to speak with a Wikimedia spokesperson in a specific region or language, please find more contact information below.
The Wikimedia Foundation Communications Department can also assist with connecting to local Wikimedia spokespeople in many languages and geographic regions. For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, these organizations do not speak in an official capacity on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation.
Help us unlock the world’s knowledge.
As a nonprofit, Wikipedia and our related free knowledge projects are powered primarily through donations.
CONNECT — CONECTA
Stay up-to-date on our work.
Get email updates
Subscribe to news about ongoing projects and initiatives.
Contact a human
Questions about the Wikimedia Foundation or our projects? Get in touch with our team.
The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc is a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free, multilingual content, and to providing the full content of these wiki-based projects to the public free of charge.