Help:Cloud Services Introduction
What is Wikimedia Cloud Services (WMCS)? Wikimedia Cloud Services
) provides tools, services, and support for technical collaborators who want to contribute to Wikimedia software projects. WMCS is a computing ecosystem built on OpenStack
, and Kubernetes
From 2011 until early 2017, WMCS was known as "Wikimedia Labs." The term 'Labs' was used to refer to a number of different components
, and clarification was required. In 2017, the project was reorganized. The former Wikimedia Foundation Labs team and the Tool Labs Support team joined together to create the Wikimedia Cloud Services team.
WMCS products and services Renaming of products and services
We are in the process of changing the language and branding
of the products and services we offer. You may find some outdated titles and names in WMCS documentation. Edits are welcome!
To access and contribute to Cloud Services projects and tools, you will need the following accounts:
- Wikimedia account - this account is the single user login or SUL account you use to contribute to Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- Wikimedia developer account - this account is used log into this wiki, Toolforge, Cloud VPS, Gerrit and other protected Wikimedia Services.
- Gerrit - our code review system; where our repositories (repos) live. Note that while GitHub contains many of our public repos, you can only make pull requests for Cloud Services projects via Gerrit. Other Wiki projects may use GitHub exclusively.
- Phabricator - our project management system; for opening tickets, suggesting features, and talking about our plans for the next quarter.
- IRC - live chat channels. We have several channels related to our cloud servers, but the main channel is #wikimedia-cloud connect. Deployment also frequently uses #wikimedia-serviceops connect.
- The ability to access instances in the WMCS environment.
Review the terms and conditions
Second, make sure to review and agree to our terms and conditions. Account holders
who plan to use WMCS resources and products must read and agree to the following:
Please pay close attention to the following terms for Toolforge and Cloud VPS:
Communication and support
We communicate and provide support through several primary channels. Please reach out with questions and to join the conversation.
Communicate with us
View edit history of this page.
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.