The main channel is called #wikimedia-cloud connect
and it's hosted on the libera.chat network (all discussions are publicly logged
For general information about IRC usage in other Wikimedia projects, see m:IRC. #wikimedia-cloud connect is a help channel for anything related to services provided by Wikimedia Cloud Services.
Things you can do there:
- Ask for help about the provided services (Toolforge, Cloud VPS, Data Services, etc.)
- Request attention for a bug filed in Phabricator
- Ask for access to a specific project
- Record Server Admin Log messages by sending !log project message messages
The occasional off-topic discussion about real life and events at Wikimedia is permitted in moderate quantities.
Additionally, there are certain rules we strictly enforce to create a healthy discussion environment:
- No spamming/advertising
- No shouting (i.e. using all capital letters for every word)
- No pasting code snippets longer than 2-3 lines (use a pastebin for that)
People who are persistently disruptive may be temporarily or permanently banned from the channel.
You should also avoid publishing any kind of potentially personal information on the channel as it is publicly logged and viewable by all. If absolutely needed, feel free to send a private message to your recipient.
The channel is open to anyone so first make sure you can connect using an IRC client.
Once connected just type /join #wikimedia-cloud and that should be it!
You can access the #wikimedia-cloud-feed connect
channel if you want to know about:
- Updates to Phabricator tasks
- Updates to change requests in Gerrit
- Infrastructure alerts
In this channel, you will find various bots relaying that type of information (wikibugs, icinga-wm, shinken-wm, and stashbot).
This page was last edited on 4 June 2021, at 19:03.