The main channel is called #wikimedia-cloudconnect
and it's hosted on the freenode
network (all discussions are publicly logged
A secondary channel for general conversation and discussion of active Cloud VPS and Tool projects, not publicly logged, is available at #toolforge connect
For general information about IRC usage in other Wikimedia projects, see m:IRC
is a help channel for anything related to services provided by Wikimedia Cloud Services.
Things you can do there:
- Ask for help about the provided services (Toolforge, Cloud VPS, Data Services, etc.)
- Request attention for a bug filed in Phabricator
- Ask for access to a specific project
- Record Server Admin Log messages by sending !log project message messages
The occasional off-topic discussion about real life and events at Wikimedia is permitted in moderate quantities.
Additionally, there are certain rules we strictly enforce to create a healthy discussion environment:
- No spamming/advertising
- No shouting (i.e. using all capital letters for every word)
- No pasting code snippets longer than 2-3 lines (use a pastebin for that)
People who are persistently disruptive may be temporarily or permanently banned from the channel.
You should also avoid publishing any kind of potentially personal information on the channel as it is publicly logged and viewable by all. If absolutely needed, feel free to send a private message to your recipient.
Once connected just type /join #wikimedia-cloud and that should be it!
You can access the #wikimedia-cloud-feedconnect
channel if you want to know about:
- Updates to Phabricator tasks
- Updates to change requests in Gerrit
- Infrastructure alerts
In this channel, you will find various bots
relaying that type of information (wikibugs, icinga-wm, shinken-wm, and stashbot).
View edit history of this page.
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.