Wikimedia Cloud documentation
This is a documentation page for Wikimedia Cloud. If you can improve it, please do that. You can also request help on #wikimedia-cloud connect
. For all documentation pages, please see the List of all documentation pages
for Wikimedia Cloud. If you are seeking a help with a specific project, please contact the project owners.
Wikimedia Labs currently uses the IRC network to conduct discussions and is the main platform for help/requests. The channel is located on the Freenode network and the channel is called #wikimedia-labs.
Its a help channel, so you can just ask anything related to the functioning of Wikimedia Labs. The occasional off-topic about real life/events at Wikimedia is okay.
Just some stuff that you can do:
- Ask for help about Wikimedia Labs.
- Request for a public IP for your project.
- Asking for access to Wikimedia Labs/a specific project.
Things you cannot do there
Like all other IRC channels, you can talk in real time with others in the channel. Some some basic rules that people should follow and adhere to:
- No spamming/advertising, its irritating.
- Kindly use a pastebin for texts longer than 3 lines.
- Ask for help nicely, ping if necessary (usually Ryan_Lane for more technical/urgent help).
- No shouting (i.e. Using all capital letters for every word).
Violators might risk getting kicked, or even banned from the channel.
Also, you should avoid publishing any kind of potentially personal information on the channel, as it is publicly logged and viewable by all. If absolutely needed, feel free to send a private message to your recipient.
Anyone can just enter the channel, usually through any IRC client or via Freenode's webchat
. Simply just /join #wikimedia-labs when you are connected to Freenode.
View edit history of this page.
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.