If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Full Time Manual Labor
Seattle, WA, US
30+ days ago
Requisition ID: 1209
Who We Are:
Food Lifeline believes that hunger doesn’t have to happen, and our mission is to feed people experiencing hunger today and work to end hunger for tomorrow. We’re currently hiring a Warehouse Associate to help us in our mission to end hunger in Western Washington.
Who You Are:
You care deeply about people experiencing hunger and hold them in the center of all that you do.
General Position Summary:
Position is responsible for the accurate completion of daily warehousing activities including product receiving, replenishment, picking orders and shipping product.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
· Unload delivery trucks, count, inspect and receive product into inventory. Reviews and verifies Bills of Lading, ensuring appropriate paperwork is received from driver.
· Put product away into appropriate storage zones ensuring that the product is scanned into the appropriate bin location.
· Replenish product into pick locations, production zones and Shop the Dock in predetermined quantities.
· Pick product onto agency orders in accordance with FIFO requirements.
· Palatalizes agency orders and prepares them for shipment.
· Operates forklifts, pallet jacks and pickers in accordance with Food Lifeline’s Safety program and policies.
· Completes cleaning activities as outlined in Food Lifeline’s Cleaning program.
· Participates in post-pick inventory counts and quarterly/ annual inventories
· Alert supervisor when food safety or safety concerns are identified.
· File DOR’s and accompanying paperwork daily to ensure accurate record keeping.
·Maintain a high level of attention to safety and food safety protocol and immediately report any concerns to supervisor.
· Assists staff in lowering pallets to the ground when needed to check quality, dates or packaging on an item in the racks.
· Support in root cause analysis when requested by supervisor
· Works with supervisor to identify areas of improvement for the completion of tasks.
· Supports in the successful completion of cross-departmental tasks as requested by supervisor.
· Has regular and recurring work situations.
· Moderate level of work complexity.
· Operates from established and well known procedures.
· Performs work with moderate supervision.
· Decisions are made within prescribed operating guidelines and procedures.
· This position does not supervise other staff.
Specific Job Skills:
· Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic math: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
· Ability to operate hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts and other mechanized warehouse equipment in a safe manner.
· Ability to work as a member of a team.
· Knowledge of safe food product handling techniques.
· Knowledge of warehouse practices.
· Knowledge of stacking and palletizing techniques.
· Knowledge of inventory counting techniques.
· Knowledge of safety regulations and practices.
Education and/or Experience:
· High school education or GED required.
· Minimum 6 months experience in warehouse position required. Experience handling food product helpful.
· Minimum 6 months experience operating warehouse equipment including forklift, pallet jack, pickers required. Must possess or have ability to obtain forklift certification with 30 days of hire.
· An equivalent combination of education and/or training and/or experience may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
· Required to possess a state of Washington Food Handler’s License or able to be licensed within 30 days of hire.
Position works in warehouse environment, around moving power and manual equipment. Position is subject to extreme temperatures in cooler and freezer areas of warehouse. Subject to typical level of warehouse noise. Position frequently works on loading/unloading docks where may be exposed to weather and/or moving trucks and other vehicles. Substantial overtime may be required.
Work is performed in warehouse setting with adequate lighting, heating and ventilation, but frequently enters areas of extreme cold. Position requires operation of forklift, pickers (high lifts) and pushing/pulling of pallet movers, often in congested areas. Position has continuous exposure to packaged and unpackaged food items. Position requires continuous walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, and feeling, reaching, grasping and handling of product. Position requires occasional repetitive motion of hands, wrists, and feet. Position requires continuous talking, sometimes with loud voice. Job requires the ability to routinely lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
To join our team, please read the full job description and apply electronically. Complete applications must include a resume and cover letter and this posting will remain open until filled.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and seek to bring our values of diversity and inclusion to our hiring process. Beyond our commitment to non-discrimination, we encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our organization and who have lived experience of inequity.