Veterans' Service Records
Home > Veterans' Service Records
Resumption of Onsite Operations at the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis
Local health conditions in the St. Louis area have improved and the NPRC resumed normal operations on March 7, 2022.
While the National Personnel Records Center has reopened for normal operations, the federal record center research room remains closed.  The operating status of the public research room may be found at​.
Request Military Service Records
Research Using Military Records
Replace Lost Medals and Awards
Learn how to replace lost medals and awards
Browse WWII Photos
View a sample of our extensive collection of photographs from World War II.
News and Notices
Archivist of the United States David S. Ferriero Reflects on His Tenure Upon Retirement
Release of 1950 Census Will Increase Access to Records
Explore 1950 Census Resources on New Page
Utah Honor Flight Veterans Visit National Archives
National Personnel Records Center Prepares for Expansion of Onsite Workforce
Natural Disaster Requests
If you have been impacted by a natural disaster and need priority service to replace a Separation Document (usually DD Form 214 or equivalent), place the word “Natural Disaster” in the "Comments" section of eVetRecs or in the "Purpose" section of the Standard Form (SF) 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records.
Need Help?
Online Requests/eVetRecs Problems
Need Immediate Assistance
Military Personnel Records, FAQ (Includes DD 214/Separation Documents, Personnel Records, and/or Medical Records)
More FAQs
Veterans Service Officer (VSO) Information Page
Find answers to your research questions about Military Records at
History Hub
This page was last reviewed on October 21, 2021.
Contact us with questions or comments.
Veterans’ Service Records
Military Service Records
Military Research
Other Veterans Resources
Related Sites
Contact Us · Accessibility · Privacy Policy · Freedom of Information Act · No FEAR Act ·
The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
1-86-NARA-NARA or 1-866-272-6272