FALL SALE | 1¢/DAY FOR 4 MONTHS
From newsletters to Facebook groups, here’s how to get the most out of your Chicago Tribune subscription
Play video on original page
Our editors update chicagotribune.com throughout the day and night to make sure you can always find the news you need to be informed and entertained. Head to chicagotribune.com any time for the latest news from the worlds of politics, business, sports, entertainment and more. You can bookmark our homepage or any of our popular topic pages for easy access. Here’s how. We also have an e-edition, which is a digital replica of the day’s print newspaper you can read on your computer, tablet or phone.
On your smart speaker
Every weekday, you can hear about the Trib’s top stories on your Alexa and Google Home devices, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Each briefing includes three to five stories, chosen by our editors to give you what you need to start the day. It also includes the weather forecast for the Chicago area.
Chicago Tribune, September 24, 2021
On your phone
Download our app (available here for iOS and here for Android) and allow notifications if you’d like to receive updates from us on your phone. With different settings for news, weather, sports, entertainment, business and more you can customize which type of notifications you receive.
- Tap the alerts icon toward the bottom right of the app
- Select “Customize alert settings”
- Choose which topics you’re interested in: Top News, Sports, Bears, Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks, White Sox, College sports, Entertainment, Business, Weather, Nation & World, News Briefings and Daily eNewspaper
We’ll let you know when there’s big breaking news happening, and also share our editors’ top picks so you see the best of what the Tribune has to offer.
We also send notifications in Apple News, if you have an iOS device and prefer to get your updates there.
- Under the “channels” tab, search for “Chicago Tribune” in the Apple News app
- Select our channel
- Tap the heart in the upper right corner to see Tribune stories in your feed
- Return to the “channels” tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap “manage notifications”
- Make sure you have notifications enabled for the Tribune’s channel
In your inbox
Tribune editors put together free newsletters on a variety of topics:
- Daywatch: Start each weekday with our top stories
- Working Lunch: The latest business news headlines, delivered midday weekdays
- The Spin: Your essential take on local politics, delivered weekday afternoons
- Chicago Sports: A daily update on Chicago sports, delivered weekday mornings
- Eat. Watch. Do.: What to eat. What to watch. What you need to live your best life ... now, delivered twice a week
- Theater Loop: The latest news and reviews from Chicago’s theater scene
- Fighting Words: Our latest editorials, commentaries and columns, delivered twice a week
- Change of Subject: The week’s best columns, reports, tips, referrals and tirades from columnist Eric Zorn
- Ask Amy: No-nonsense advice for better living delivered to your inbox every morning
- Daily Southtown: News updates from the south suburbs delivered every Monday and Wednesday
- Lake County News Sun: News updates from Lake County delivered every Monday and Wednesday
- Post Tribune: News updates from Northwest Indiana delivered every Monday and Wednesday
- Naperville Sun: News updates from the Naperville area delivered every Monday and Wednesday
In addition to newsletters, we can also email to let you know when breaking news is happening or we have an exclusive scoop. You can sign up to receive any combination of:
Sign up for as many newsletters and email alerts as you’d like here.
On your web browser
Stay on top of the news all day with our web notifications. We’ll let you know — right in your web browser — when there’s big breaking news happening, and also share our editors’ top picks so you see the best of what the Tribune has to offer.
On social media
Connect with us on social media to get updates from the Tribune on Twitter and Facebook. If you don’t want to miss a thing, here’s how to make sure you see the Trib’s posts first in your Facebook newsfeed:
- Navigate to the Chicago Tribune's Facebook page
- Click on “Following” at the top (you might have to first click on “...” if you’re on a mobile device)
- Select “See First”
Copyright © 2021, Chicago Tribune