Research and Business
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships is Europe's leading programme that brings together a company partner, academic team and high calibre graduate to fulfil a challenging and exciting project. This programme helps businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity through better access to research, technology and skills. Even better, a government grant will support the project and provide a structure for it.
KTP for Companies
The Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) scheme helps businesses to innovate and grow.
Each KTP project is a three-way partnership between a business, an academic or team of academics and a graduate. A KTP can last between 12 months and 3 years depending on the project and the needs of the business. It is part-funded by a grant.
The benefits of taking part in a KTP:
- Businesses achieve substantial increases in annual profit
- Around 70% of associates are offered a permanent job in the company when the project ends. In addition, a further 2 new jobs are created on average
- Whatever the project, it is shaped to ensure that new knowledge and skills are embedded in the company for future use and development after the project finishes
KTP Themes and Calls
The funding calls for KTPs are divided into five themed calls as detailed below, each theme has two calls per year:
- Health and Life Sciences
- Emerging and Enabling Technologies
- Manufacturing and Materials
- Infrastructure Systems
Please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
to discuss further details on your project idea and call deadlines.
Get in Touch
The Palatine CentreDurham UniversityStockton RoadDurham DH1 3LE