Interlibrary Loans (ILL) are the way library materials are made available from one library system to another.
If the Edmonton Public Library doesn’t own an item that you’d like to borrow, our Interlibrary Loan Department will try to get a copy sent from another library system within Alberta or Canada.
Get Started with Interlibrary Loans
View our step-by-step guide to requesting an interlibrary loan through EPL.
- Interlibrary loans (ILL) can take 4-6 weeks to arrive.
- Check the EPL catalogue first. If EPL does not have the item, try searching other Alberta library catalogues.
- We do not request items published/released within the current year. Customers can suggest new items to be added to EPL’s collection.
- EPL customers may have only 5 active interlibrary loan requests at one time.
- The loan period for an interlibrary loan is 3 weeks.
- Interlibrary loan books* may be renewed 1 time if the owning library allows renewals.
*Audio-visual (AV) items (e.g., CDs and DVDs) are not renewable.
- Fees for interlibrary loan items:
A $90.00 fee will be added to the customer’s account for Lost or Damaged ILL items.
- Customers must have fewer than 50 holds and no fees exceeding $10.00.
- Please avoid submitting duplicate requests. Contact ILL staff if you would like an update on the status of your request.
Can't Find the Item You're Looking For?
If you can't find your item in either EPL’s collection or through the methods listed above, you can complete the Interlibrary Loan request form and we’ll do our best to find it for you.
Please note that the limit of five active ILL requests per customer includes all requests, whether submitted through Relais D2D or through this form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Browse Membership & Borrowing
Membership & Borrowing
News & Publications
Careers at EPL
City of Edmonton Website
Powered by BiblioCommons.BiblioWeb: app01 Version 3.32.0 Last updated 2021/06/10 07:07