Spend $100, get 10% off with the code TAKETEN at checkout! Discount cannot be combined with other offers.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Data collected on this site may be used in the future for retargeting or other marketing purposes.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
GDPR - YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Under GDPR, you have the right to the following:
The Right to Information
This right includes all of the information on this page, as well as your right to ask Fantagraphics what data we collect and how it will be used.
The Right of Access
This covers your right to request and view any information we have stored about you.
The Right to Rectification
This right covers your ability to change and update any information you believe is inaccurate or out of date.
The Right to Erasure
This covers your right to ask for the deletion of your data if:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed
- You withdraw consent on which the processing is based
- You object to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing
- The personal data have been unlawfully processed
- The personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject
The Right to Restriction of Processing
This covers your right to request that we temporarily stop processing due to one or more of the following conditions:
- You contest the accuracy of the data
- You object to unlawful processing and prefer that we temporarily suspend processing rather than erasing the data
- You do not need the data for processing but need to keep the data pursuant to the "establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim"
The Right to Data Portability
This refers to your right to receive data in a commonly-used format that is useful to you, provided that the data processing is based on consent or a contract and that that data is collected via automated means.
The Right to Object
This gives you the right to object to processing of your personal data to send you marketing information. If your consent is withdrawn (such as if you unsubscribe from Fantagraphics marketing emails), you are immediately unsubscribed and will receive no further emails from us unless you opt-in again.
The Right to Avoid Automated Decision-Making
This grants you the right to not be subjected to automated decision-making processes that may have legal effects, with three exceptions:
- If automated decision-making is required, such as when entering into a contract
- If Fantagraphics has been authorized by the EU or member state to use automated decision-making with safeguards in place
- When automated decision-making processes occur with your explicit consent
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at HelpMe@fantagraphics.com
, by phone toll-free in the US: 1-800-657-1100 or INTL: 206-524-1967, or by mail using the details provided below:
7563 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA, 98115
Sign up for our newsletter
PUBLISHER OF THE WORLD’S GREATEST CARTOONISTS