Policies & Guidelines
Flickr Policy on Cookies
Date of Last Revision: August 19, 2018
What are cookies?
Cookies are small strings of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device via standard browser techniques that uniquely identifies your browser or device. We may use technologies like cookies, pixels and local storage to deliver, secure, and understand products and services.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies and other technologies allow a site or service to know if your computer or device has visited it before. These technologies can then be used to deliver products and services, help us understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally enable and improve your experience in using those services. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or "session" cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
First and third party cookies
The cookies we use generally fall into one of the following categories.
Category of CookiesWhy we use these cookies
Technical/RequiredThese cookies are essential for our services to function properly. Like the other cookies we use, technical cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.
PreferencesWe use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences. For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.
PerformanceWe use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our services and to help us improve them. For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.
AnalyticsWe use these cookies to help us understand and improve our services.For example, we can use these cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
AdvertisingWe and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, to make them more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our website, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns.
How to control cookies or other collection mechanisms
Follow the instructions provided by your browser or mobile device (usually located within the "Help", "Tools" or "Edit" facility) to modify your cookie settings. Please be advised that if you set your browser to disable cookies or other technologies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Service and other parts of our Service will not work properly. In addition, you have other choices with respect to how cookies are used:
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook, Pinterest, or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook, Pinterest, or Google Ads settings.
- Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting.
- To delete or disable flash cookies please visit https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/security.html.