How to use Advanced Search
4 months ago Updated
Your photos will be displayed separately from people you follow and everyone’s photos:
To view all photos that match, click on View all on the right side of the page:
Once you click View All you can refine your search in that bucket. For example, if you click View all within your own photos, you can then search only your photos. For example, we did a search for “fish” then changed it to “San Francisco”:
Click Clear to reset your search:
- Color - Use the color picker to show photos with a specific color, patterns or shallow depth of field.
- Orientation - Pick from portrait, landscape, square, and panorama.
- Minimum size - Pick the smallest size you want to see.
- Date - Search photos by when they were taken or uploaded.
- Content - Refine by Photos, Videos, or both.
- Search in - Limit the search by only tags or include the description and title.
- License - Pick what types of licensed content you want to see.
- SafeSearch - Enable or disable SafeSearch.
Search by Date
You can either search for photos by date taken or uploaded specifically, or refine an existing search by date. To search for photos by date, you can choose a date range or a specific day from the picker.
You can also change your search from Date Taken to Date Uploaded:
You can use the date search in tandem with a text search to find the photo you’re looking for. For example, we searched for photos of “fish” within a certain time frame:
Still need help?