DONATE AND BUY BOOKS, SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- Friends’ Bookstore at the Main Library is open!
- $1 Step Sales at the Main Library will be resume by the call of 2021
- There will be no Big Book Sale in fall 2021
- Book donations at the Donation Center in Potrero Hill are by appointment only. For more information, click here.
- We look forward to hosting community book sales and events when it's safe!
- Stay in touch by renewing your membership here.
Donate your books and media to Friends! Each year we receive nearly a million donated books, which we in turn resell to the public through our Friends Bookstores
and book sales. Your donation is tax-deductible and helps to provide critical support to the San Francisco Public Library and Friends’ community programs.
Shop at our bookstores. Friends Bookstores
are located inside the Main Library and at the Fort Mason Center. Both stores stock quality used books at great prices. Shop Online
for specialty, rare and collectables at Ebay
Join us at Special
Friends hosts amazing events throughout the year like our monthly Books and Brews at Anchor Public Tap, our First Friday sales at Fort Mason, the Big Book Sale
every September, and many more!
The best way to recycle books and media is to put them to use in other ways. As the second largest used book seller in the city of San Francisco, we make sure your donations find new life in other peoples' homes.
The Community Book Program (CBP) is a green reuse program diverting 550 tons of books from landfill every year to higher and better uses in the community.
Donations To the Community
We also give books and media away to worthy community organizations.
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES &
DONATION CENTER LOCATION1630 17TH STREETSAN FRANCISCO, CA 94107ADMINISTRATIVE PHONE: (415) 626-7500BOOK DONATION CENTER: (415) 522-8606
Tax ID Number: 94-6085452
©2021 Friends of the San Francisco Public Library
MAKE YOUR TAX-DEDUCTIBLE GIFT TODAY