Cookies on GOV.UK
We use some essential cookies to make this website work.
We’d like to set additional cookies to understand how you use GOV.UK, remember your settings and improve government services.
We also use cookies set by other sites to help us deliver content from their services.
View cookies
Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Guidance and support
Browse: Money and tax
Capital Gains Tax
Tax when you sell property, shares, personal possessions and business assets
Court claims, debt and bankruptcy
Includes recovering debts, registering for bankruptcy and as a creditor
Dealing with HMRC
Reporting changes, agents, appeals, checks, complaints and help with tax
Income Tax
Includes rates and allowances, tax codes and refunds
Inheritance Tax
Includes valuing an estate, trusts and taxes
National Insurance
Voluntary contributions and credits, numbers, rates and classes
Self Assessment
Includes filing, deadlines, pay and tax records
Includes online returns, rates, charging and record keeping
Is this page useful?
Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support
Check what you need to do
Services and information
BenefitsBirths, deaths, marriages and careBusiness and self-employedChildcare and parentingCitizenship and living in the UKCrime, justice and the lawDisabled peopleDriving and transportEducation and learningEmploying peopleEnvironment and countrysideHousing and local servicesMoney and taxPassports, travel and living abroadVisas and immigrationWorking, jobs and pensions
Departments and policy
How government works​Departments​Worldwide​Services​Guidance and regulationNews and communications​Research and statisticsPolicy papers and consultations​Transparency and freedom of information releases
Help Privacy Cookies Accessibility statementContact Terms and conditionsRhestr o Wasanaethau CymraegGovernment Digital Service
All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0, except where otherwise stated
© Crown copyright