We use some essential cookies to make this website work.
We’d like to set additional cookies to understand how you use GOV.UK, remember your settings and improve government services.
Personal tax account: sign in or set up
Use your personal tax account to check your records and manage your details with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
What you need to know
You can use your personal tax account to:
- check your Income Tax estimate and tax code
- fill in, send and view a personal tax return
- claim a tax refund
- check your income from employment in the previous 5 years
- check how much Income Tax you paid in the previous 5 years
- check and manage your tax credits
- check your State Pension
- track tax forms that you’ve submitted online
- check or update your Marriage Allowance
- tell HMRC about a change of name or address
- check or update benefits you get from work, for example company car details and medical insurance
- find your National Insurance number
Explore the topic
Is this page useful?
Services and information
Departments and policy
© Crown copyright