Home Resources and Support for Learning
Resources and Support for Learning
- Ask a Librarian - We offer multiple ways you can contact us for research help.
- Meet with a librarian - Get in-depth help finding the most relevant information on your topic.
- Research/course guides - Our librarians have developed course guides, research guides, and skill guides to help with assignments or research.
Workshops, Tools & Services
- Library workshops - We can help you develop a whole spectrum of valuable research skills from citation management all the way to 3D modeling and design.
- Research data management support - Need help creating a data management plan or managing your data? We can help.
- Digital mapping and GIS support - We can help you access GIS software and learn how to use it, find geospatial data, connect with the local and regional GIS user groups, and get help when you need it.
- Text mining and data visualization - We offer workshops and consultations to help integrate digital tools and techniques into scholarly work to extract data, identify trends, look for patterns and better understand the relationships of terms within and between documents.
- Passkey - When you're off campus, connect to journals, databases and e-books that would otherwise be restricted or hidden behind paywalls.
Access to Physical Collections
- Browse the shelves and check out items from our physical collections on site.
- Prefer to browse our shelves online? Our remote browsing guide can help guide you through some options.
- No time to come to the Library? Find what you need in the library catalog and click the ‘request’ button. We’ll check it out to you and you can pick it up a day or two later. You can also request a scan of an article or chapter to be emailed to you.
- Need something Cornell doesn’t own? We can borrow it for you from one of our thousands of partner libraries through Borrow Direct or Interlibrary Loan.
Spaces & Technology
- The Library has a wide variety of comfortable and inspiring spaces for quiet individual study as well as group work. Study seats don't require reservations, but rooms for individual and group study can be reserved at Mann Library and at Olin and Uris Libraries.
- Public computers with productivity and specialized software are available in most libraries.
- Knight Writing Center offers opportunities for students to work one-on-one with writing specialists.
- Learning Strategies Center offers resources on how to study, how to work with others, managing time and stress, tutoring information, and more.
- Student Disability Services - Contact Student Disabilities Services if you have a disability and need to request accommodations or services.
Teaching & Course Support