Home Support for Research
Support for Research
- Meet with a librarian - We offer research consultation services for students, faculty, and staff. These are in-depth, customized, one-on-one meetings to discuss resources and search strategies for projects big and small.
- Library liaisons - We have subject specialists who provide support for faculty and student research, instruction, and scholarly communication, who build rich library collections, or can refer you to other library experts.
- Register for a workshop - We offer a wide variety of open workshops designed to help you in developing skills in library research, information management, and computer applications.
Collections and Access
- Browse our rich collections - Come to our libraries, or use this remote browsing guide for online browsing options across libraries.
- Contactless pickup - When you have no time to find books on the shelves, request your items in the catalog. We will ready them for pickup at your convenience.
- Scanning Services - We can email you chapter and article scans from our collections.
- Borrow Direct or Interlibrary Loan - Borrow items Cornell doesn’t own from one of our thousands of partner libraries.
- Request a purchase - We will do our best to fulfill Cornell community members’ requests for books and other items.
- Passkey - When you're off campus, connect to journals, databases and e-books that would otherwise be restricted or hidden behind paywalls.
Services and Tools
- Evidence synthesis - We can help support a range of review methodologies, including systematic reviews, scoping reviews, evidence gap maps, umbrella reviews, and others.
- Research data management - Need help creating a data mangement plan or managing your data? We can help.
- Digital mapping and GIS - We can help you access GIS software and learn how to use it, find geospatial data, connect with the local and regional GIS user groups, and get help when you need it.
- Text mining and data visualization - We offer workshops and consultations to help integrate digital tools and techniques into scholarly work to extract data, identify trends, look for patterns and better understand the relationships of terms within and between documents.
- LibApps - the library has created tools that will help you find theses, decipher journal abbreviations, and more!
- Guides and Tutorials - Take advantage of our skill guides that can help orient you to the literature of dozens of subjects and courses.
Sharing your Research
- Scholarly communication and open access - We offer many services around creation, exchange, dissemination, evaluation, registration, and archiving of the outcomes of research and other scholarly activities.
- Copyright information - The Copyright Information Center is a partnership between Cornell University Library's Copyright Services and the Office of University Counsel, offering general information about copyright and guidance based on Cornell-specific intellectual property policies.
- Digitization - Our digitization experts partner with Cornell faculty, unit libraries, the Library's metadata and IT departments to create digital content that is easy to search and discover.
- Chats in the Stacks - Our book talks offer Cornell faculty an opportunity to share and discuss their recent books. If you have a new or forthcoming book you would be interested in sharing in the future, please email us.
Teaching & Course Support