Novanet Live Help
Serving Nova Scotia’s universities and colleges
Do you have research questions? Need help finding a book? Looking for a journal article? Get Live Help now!
Live Help is an online chat-based reference service being provided by Novanet libraries. This service is designed to respond to brief questions that can be answered quickly and effectively using online resources.
- This service is designed to respond to brief questions that can be answered quickly and effectively using online resources.
- Anyone can use this service. It is aimed primarily at faculty and students of Novanet member institutions.
- This service currently does not offer transcript delivery. Please copy and paste any information from your conversation with IM a Librarian or consult your IM service Help pages for directions for saving IM transcripts.
- Do not send sensitive personal information, log-ins, passwords, etc., through this IM service as this service uses commercial IM products not housed on Novanet servers.
- If you experience technical difficulties using this service, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
Novanet Libraries takes patron privacy and confidentiality very seriously and will never disclose your personal information or requests to any external person, body, or institution. Transcripts of chat transactions may be archived and will only be used for aggregate statistical data for quality assurance purposes before they are destroyed. This aggregate data may be used in research about this reference service. That said, this services uses commercial IM products not housed on Novanet servers so do not send sensitive personal information, log-ins, passwords, etc.
This Code of Conduct applies to any individual using Live Help. Harassment and misconduct will not be tolerated. Common courtesies and respectful behaviour are expected and Live Help sessions will be terminated if they are not conducted in an appropriate manner.
Volunteers and employees providing Live Help service should be familiar with the procedures outlined in this policy for dealing with nuisance chats (trolling, rude, etc.) as well as chats that are perceived to be abusive or threatening.
Depending on the webpage you access the Live Help Service from, a pop-up window containing the chat widget may be launched. Please ensure pop-ups are enabled on your computer so the service may be launched. Problems? Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org