Celebrating underreported stories
from around the world.
Established in 1988, the One World Media Awards recognise the best media coverage of the global south. Stories that break through stereotypes, change the narrative and connect people across cultures.
- Longlist announced: April 2021
- Nominees announced: May 2021
- Awards day: 17 June 2021
What are the One World Media Awards?
- Across 15 categories, the Awards celebrate work from all media platforms and across a wide range of genres and themes
- The Awards are open to journalists and filmmakers from anywhere in the world
- The focus is on stories, topics or issues in, about or related to the global south
Why enter the Awards?
- A unique opportunity to be recognised by some of the industry’s top professionals and to gain a wider audience for your work
- The only Awards recognising excellence in international journalism and filmmaking specifically from and about the global south
- They are established, with 32 years of providing a platform for important stories to be shared and celebrated
Join our mailing list to be the first to receive Awards info and updates.
One World Media Award Categories 2021
The awards celebrate work across 15 categories and a wide range of media platforms, spotlighting the year’s best media coverage of underreported stories from around the world.
Environmental Impact Award
Feature Documentary Award
International Journalist of the Year Award
Television Documentary Award
Women Entrepreneurs Reporting Award
Watch the One World Media Awards Ceremony 2021
The 2021 winners were announced in a livestreamed awards ceremony and interactive online exhibition. They are a fantastic opportunity to discover the year’s best international reporting and hear from the teams behind the work.
Play video on original page
The One World Media Awards are an opportunity to have your work recognised amongst the best in the industry
Every year, hundreds of entries from all over the world are judged by our panels of distinguished professionals, each carefully selected from the media and non-profit sectors for their wide ranging experience and expertise.
“One World Media is rightly recognised as a champion of serious, thoughtful and professionally produced journalism. Their work is absolutely vital at a time when foreign news budgets are under pressure or non-existent and social media can muddy the waters of what we understand about the global south.”
JAMIE ANGUS – DIRECTOR, BBC WORLD SERVICE GROUP
We would like to thank our generous partners, who make the work of One World Media possible.
One World Media Trust
49-51 East Road
London N1 6AH
UK registered charity
Terms and conditions
+44 (0) 20 7922 7941
© Copyright One World Media | All Rights Reserved