Expanded open hoursReopened libraries are now open more hours per week! Visit our Hours and Locations
page for an up-to-date list of Library open hours. Masks are still required for entry; thank you for your cooperation.
We have thousands of e-books and audiobooks you can borrow for three weeks and download to most devices for free with your Library card. You can access our e-books and audiobooks from anywhere.
E-books and E-audiobooks
- Log in with your Library card, then create an OverDrive account to borrow e-books and audiobooks
- Download the Libby app for iOS, Android and Windows to borrow, read and listen to digital books
- You can also read or listen to books on eReaders (including Kindle and Kobo), most desktop or laptop computers, and other devices
- Borrow books for 21 days
- Checkouts expire automatically
Download OverDrive's Libby app for iOS or Android to check out e-books and e-audiobooks and sync your reading across multiple devices. With Libby, you can also download e-books for offline access, play e-audiobooks from your device in your car, and send books to your Kindle.
Explore OverDrive's Collections
Tips for E-Books
How do I return items early so others can use them?
E-books are returned automatically after 21 days. If you are done with an e-book or audiobook, you may return it earlier.
- Visit spl.overdrive.com, and log in with your library card number & PIN.
- Once logged in, on the top right-hand-side of the page, go to My Account, and select Loans from the drop down menu.
- Find the material you wish to return, and at the bottom of the item’s detail there will be a Return option.
Note: You can also manage returns through the Libby or OverDrive app.
How do I renew items?
How do I suspend my holds?
Can I try a sample of an e-book before borrowing it?
How can I find an e-book to start reading now?
This collection is improved thanks to the generous support of our sponsor
Sign up for our email newsletters
Get the latest about Library events, new programs and services and other Library news delivered to your inbox.
If you need help or have a question or suggestion, we want to hear from you. You can reach Library staff by chat, email or phone during open hours.
Support your Library
Find out how you can support your Library by donating money, books or your time as a volunteer.
1000 Fourth Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104-1109
206-386-4636 or Ask Us
Find us on: