Italy's news in English
Tax questions when moving to italy
Ad type:Other
Date added:13 October 2021
We are retired from Canada and have a home in Italy. We are looking to find an English speaking tax expert in Italy to assist us on whether we have to lay taxes here. We r hoping our pensions are not taxed here but also wondering if the 183 day rule applies. Thx.
« Back to Noticeboard
Member comments
  1. cwandless_603fca695ba57  -  19 October 2021 at 23:23 CEST
    Hello. I apologize I cannot give you the name of an English speaking tax expert in Italy, but I can tell you that for sure the 183 day rule applies.
  2. Hi – Try Colin at plenty of useful stuff on his website
  3. Canada, like the US and other countries, has a tax treaty with Italy to prevent double taxation. You can learn more about in the Canadian embassy page:
    They also list an Italian government office that can provide tax information in English.
  4. Grazie a tutti! Thank you. D
Become a Member to leave a comment.Or login here.
06/11UK to Italy Driving Licence
06/11Italian Bank that offers non-resident accounts
31/10Fun and Taste in Sicily
30/10Apartment and car (?) in Trento
13/10Tax questions when moving to italy
View all notices
Post a new notice
The Local Europe AB
Vasagatan 10
111 20 Stockholm