Skip to main content
Sign In
Frequently asked questions about the Times Union
Times Union
May 28, 2021
How do I access the Subscriber Services website?
In order to use our new Subscriber Services website to manage your Times Union subscription, you must register your account.
How do I access my e-Edition subscription to the Times Union?
To access the e-Edition electronic version of the Times Union print edition, you must register at our Subscriber Services website.
All the stories, all the time
How can I reach someone in the Times Union circulation department?
Circulation Subscriber Services: 518-454-5454
Or on the web, 24/7: Subscriber Services — Please note: most transactions are now available online at your convenience.
Hours: Live representatives are available:
Click here to see current Times Union services and pricing. 
What time should my newspaper arrive at my home?
Monday through Friday, you should receive your newspaper no later than 6 a.m.; Saturday by 7 a.m.; and Sunday, no later than 8 a.m.
Who do I call if I don't receive my paper?
If you don't receive your paper, phone 518-454-5454. Ask a representative if you would like redelivery provided by our electronic edition. If using our automated system, in most cases we can send out a special delivery of the newspaper if you call by 10:30 a.m. on Thursday and Sunday only. If we cannot send you a newspaper or if you call later, we will credit your account, thereby extending your subscription.
How can I avoid newspapers piling up while I am on vacation?
Phone 518-454-5454 at least one business day before your departure, and we will stop delivery of your newspaper while you are on vacation. Let us know if you would like us to:
I have a question about my newspaper subscription bill. Who do I call?
Please call 518-454-5454 and a Subscriber Services representative will assist you.
How can I conveniently pay for my subscription?
The Times Union offers several payment options:
* Please note that any dispute of charges must be brought to our attention in writing within 60 days of the concern. The Times Union reserves the right at its election not to refund any charges that are more than 60 days old. Requests for credit due to service-related issues must be made within 30 business days of the incident.
*PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE: The Times Union continues to make a concerted effort to keep the cost of subscriptions at a minimum for our readers. When a price change or frequency of delivery changes, each subscriber's period will be adjusted based on the balance left on each subscriber's account.
Am I charged for Bonus Days and Premium Days?
YES.  Subscriptions may include up to eight premium issues per year that are not included in your basic subscription rate. For 2021, premium days include April 22, June 24, and Sept. 23.  For each premium issue, your account balance will be charged up to $6.95, which will be reflected in the billing period when the premium issue publishes. This will result in shortening the length of your billing period. The Thanksgiving home delivery edition will be charged at the Sunday home delivery rate, which will be reflected in your invoice.
How do I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel at any time by calling 518-454-5454 or by managing your account at this link.  Cancellation will become effective at the end of your billing period; refunds and credits will not be provided.
How do I tip my carrier?
If you wish to tip your carrier, you can send your tip directly to him or her. If you pay your newspaper bill by mail, you already receive with your bill a second envelope addressed to your carrier. Or you can include your tip with your payment by indicating the amount in the appropriate box on your invoice. If you have a complaint about your carrier, call us at 518-454-5454.
How can I reach someone in the Times Union advertising department?
Here are the main numbers for our Advertising departments:
Your guide to living in the Capital Region, Hudson Valley and beyond
New in town? Looking for a change of scenery? Find your new home or apartment.
Clifton Park officials look to end soccer club's exclusivity after bullying reports
To impeach Cuomo, here's what must happen
'Pit party' draws hundreds to Nassau, ends in brawl
8 things to know before you visit Canada
Former nudist colony for sale for $20 million in Esopus
How do I place a classified ad?
To place a Classified ad, call 518-454-5000. One of our trained Classified Ad Specialists will help you select the best classification and help you word your ad. If you are calling after business hours, our Easy Access phone system will walk you through the process.
I have a question about my classified advertising bill. Who do I call?
If you have a question about your classified advertising bill, call 518-454-5595 and a billing representative in our business office will assist you.
How do I place a retail display advertisement?
To advertise your retail or service business in a Times Union retail display ad, call 518-454-5588. We offer both full and geographically targeted distribution of in-paper display advertisements as well as preprinted advertising sections, flyers and circulars.
Why didn't I receive the same advertising sections as another subscriber?
Our advertisers choose the ZIP codes in which they would like their inserts to be distributed based on the locations of and sales in their stores. Some advertisers choose not to distribute their inserts to every one of our subscribers.
I have a news tip. Whom do I call?
If you see news in the making or have a tip for a story, call us at 518-454-5420. Cellular One users can phone *800-TIPS.
Where should I send a press release?
Press releases should be sent to the appropriate news department at least two weeks before the desired publication date. News departments and bureaus include: Arts and Entertainment, Business, Capitol bureau, Community News, Courthouse bureau, Local News/City Desk, Life and Leisure News (including food, technology, health, workplace, home, travel, pets, society, library, seniors and teens), Photo, Religion, Rensselaer County bureau, Saratoga County bureau, Sports News. Refer to our address directory for the proper mailing address.
How do I get a death notice published?
Death notices are handled by our Classified department. Typically, your funeral director will contact us to arrange for the publication of the death notice, but in some cases family members may place the notice. For more information, please call our Classified department at 518-454-5085 and one of our representatives will assist you.
How do I get an engagement, wedding, union or anniversary announcement published?
Call our Bridal Consultant at 518-454-5090 for the appropriate forms. Depending on the type and size of announcement you choose, it may be free or it may carry a charge.
Where do I send a letter to the editor?
We welcome your views. Letters to the editor are published daily and are subject to editing for length, taste and accuracy. When writing, include your name, city and a daytime phone number. Mail your letter to the editor to: Letters to the Editor, Times Union, News Plaza, Box 15000, Albany, NY 12212; or email your letter to the editor to
Written By
Times Union

Our Company
General Standards and Practices
Newspaper Delivery Safety Procedures
Interest Based Ads
Terms of Use
Privacy Notice
Your California Privacy Rights
Jobs at the TU
Contact Us
School Closings
Events Calendar
Online Store
Puzzles Palace
Subscriber Services
Home Delivery
Become a Carrier
Corporate Subscriptions
Mobile App
Copyright and Reprint
©2021 Hearst
Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan talks to members of the media after she received her first dose of a COVID vaccine at the Washington Avenue Armory on Wednesday, March 17, 2021, in Albany, N.Y. (Paul Buckowski/Times Union)Albany issues mask mandate inside city buildingsSaratoga Bankroll BeatdownTrainer Mark Casse speaks to the Times Union about his induction to the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame at The Saratoga Race Course Wednesday Aug 4, 2021 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Photo special to the Times Union by Skip DicksteinA year late, trainer Mark Casse gets his Hall passTrainer Chad Brown watches his trainees on the main track at The Saratoga Race Course Thursday Aug 5, 2021 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Photo special to the Times Union by Skip DicksteinTrainer Chad Brown nearing another milestoneElla Kurto at Saratoga Spa State Park on Thursday, July 29, 2021, in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. (Paul Buckowski/Times Union)Ella Kurto putting in the miles for her senior seasonNiskayuna leaders aim to select police chief later this monthAndrew Joyce, chairman of the Albany County Legislature, speaks about financial help coming to small businesses in the county during a press conference on Thursday, Feb. 4, 2021, in Albany, N.Y. (Paul Buckowski/Times Union)Albany County legislators debate whether to call for Cuomo's resignationNew York State Health Commissioner Howard Zucker, left, joins Gov. Andrew Cuomo, center, during a coronavirus update press conference on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, in the Red Room at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. (Office of the Governor)State won't provide health guidance to K-12 schools this fallNYSERDA supports projects such as this solar farm that opened in 2018 in Halfmoon.NYSERDA's Green Bank raises $314 million in private fundingUlster County Executive Pat Ryan announced plans yesterday for a major marijuana cultivation, processing, and distribution facility in Ellenville, which could bring upwards of 400 jobs to the region. "This is one of the biggest economic opportunities we have had in Ellenville in decades," he said.Major marijuana facility proposed for Ulster