In practicing prevention and in consideration of the well-being of our team and guests, USIP is hosting online events only.
USIP continues to closely monitor the rapidly evolving situation to determine when all public engagement at our headquarters can resume.
Information for Guests Attending Public Events and Programming in Person
The following information applies to those who are attending a public event at the U.S. Institute of Peace. If you are attending a public event or program, please allow enough time for check-in. It is encouraged that you register in advance for a public event to guarantee your admission. Walk-ins are welcome to attend public programming if space is available.
- All guests attending a public event or program at USIP must have a valid photo ID for entry.
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Guests are required to enter via the 23rd Street entrance.
- Screening of guests and visitors entering the building using metal detectors is required. All handbags, briefcases, laptops, etc. must be placed on the X-ray machines for scanning.
- Parking is not available for guests attending public events or programming. Please see information below on nearby parking for guests.
- All guests must check-in at the welcome desk upon arrival to receive a badge to access meeting/event spaces.
- For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, please email EventRegistration@usip.org. Kindly provide at least three business days advance notice of need.
See upcoming public events at USIP
Group Visits at USIP
If you are interested in bringing a group of students, international visitors or other groups to USIP to learn more about our work, please complete the Group Visit Request Form
Hosting an Event at USIP
The United States Institute of Peace approves a limited number of special event requests from corporate and non-profit organizations for private evening use. Our multi-use, multi-roomed venue is perfect for corporate events, banquet dinners and receptions. Fundraisers and events of a political or religious nature, as well as some events of a personal nature (such as birthday parties), may not be held at the U.S. Institute of Peace.
Please note: Standard event hours are Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm, and 6pm-12am for special events in our public spaces. Weekend events are considered by request. The United States Institute of Peace is closed on Federal Holidays.
For available dates and additional information, visit our Host an Event
page or contact the Conferences, Meetings and Events Office at email@example.com
or by phone at 202-429-7870.
Public parking is not available at the USIP site. There are several public parking garages near USIP:
533 21st St NW
2400 Virginia Ave NW
600 New Hampshire Ave NW
2600 Virginia Ave NW
The U.S. Institute of Peace is a short walk (0.6 miles) from Metro's Foggy Bottom - GWU (Blue/Orange line) subway station. At street level turn right at 23rd Street, walk south toward Constitution Avenue (away from the traffic circle). The U.S. Institute of Peace is at the corner of 23rd Street and Constitution Avenue, NW. It is directly across the street from the U.S. Department of State. You can plan your trip by going to Metro's interactive Rail Map at: Metro's Rail Map
The Foggy Bottom section of 23rd Street and Constitution Avenue is served by the following Metro Bus routes:
H1-Brookland-Potomac Park (Rush hour bus, please check schedule.)
L1-Connecticut Avenue (Rush hour bus, please check schedule.)
N3-Massachusetts Ave (Rush hour bus, please check schedule.)
S1-16th Street-Potomac Park
X1-Benning Road-Potomac Park
13F-Reagan National Airport-Pentagon-Washington
32 and 36-Pennslyvania Avenue
39-Pennslyvania Avenue Limited
80-North Capital Street
For Metro Bus information, go to: http://www.wmata.com/bus/timetables/.
Via Capital Bikeshare
23rd St. & E St.
21st St. & Constitution Ave.
21st St. & Virginia Ave.
2301 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20037