Director of Implementation Science at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC)
Posted: Jan 6, 2021
Deadline: Jan 20, 2021
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime Signup Now
MGIC is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S. Currently, MGIC operates in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia, with registration applicati...
Read more about this company
- We are seeking to recruit a Director of Implementation Science to support Operations Research and publications.
- The Director of Implementation Science will have the overall responsibility of leadership and management of the Implementation Science Unit. S/he will be responsible for making key decisions and solving problems in short timeframes while ensuring operational and project technical quality and integrity.
- The position will report to the Director of Strategic Information and manage a team of researchers and data analysts.
- Lead in the conceptualization and execution of relevant innovative implementation science research topics.
- Undertake advanced writing of publications, SOPs and technical papers.
- Support the Principal Investigator and technical team in scientific outputs and assisting with grant development, particularly implementation science-oriented grants such as NIH.
- Build implementation science, biostatistics and writing capacity among in-country staff. This will mean mentoring young data analysts and developing skills among other support staff.
- Generate outcome and impact evidence and develop into publications and white papers.
- Work with HQ technical leadership to integrate relevant components of implementation science.
- Support in the collection and monitoring of all projects and interpretation of findings.
- Lead the design of public health messaging and contribute to methods development for framework documents
- Actively participate and contribute to publications in peer reviewed journals and other program briefs and manuscripts
- Provide scientific and writing support for proposal preparation
- Engage in other tasks as requested by the Director, Strategic Information & Country Director.
Master of Science or Doctoral Degree in Epidemiology, Social Statistics or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience: 6 - 10 years
- Prior experience in monitoring, designing, and implementing programs in health, HIV / AIDS, TB, or health systems strengthening, with demonstrated supervision experience.
- Prior experience in using electronic medical records
- Experience in impact and evaluation studies design and execution
- A familiarity with US Government Agencies and PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Analysis and data management skills as well as demonstrated analytical skills and experience in identifying and evaluating best practices and state-of-the-art approaches to be utilized by public health projects
- Experience working in global health and in developing countries
- Experience working with statistical software platforms (R, STATA, SAS, SPSS etc.),
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with donors, ministries of health, project partners.
- Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single Microsoft Word-formatted or PDF document consisting of a cover letter, CV, citizenship information, and salary expectations.
- Please identify the location and position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Please note that MGIC will not sponsor work permits for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the location designated in the job posting.
- Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted.
- Applications will be considered as received.
- No phone calls, please.
You can unsubscribe later if you want
Back To Home
Average Salary at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC)
from 10 employees
Job Vacancies at Dangote Group
Job Vacancies at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
Job Vacancies at The OPEC Fund for International Development
2021 Graduate and Internship Roles at Standard Chartered Bank
Job Vacancies at Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO)
Latest Job Vacancies at ipNX Nigeria Limited
2021 Sterling Bank Plc Management Development Program
Latest Job Vacancies at the Oyo State Investment and Public Private Partnership Agency (OYSIPA)
Latest Jobs at Creative Associates International
Job Openings at Don Quester Consulting
View Hot Nigerian Jobs Today »
The job market hit a near-critical state in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In America, over 14 million people filed for unemployment as a result of it. Th...
If 2020 was the year that organizations made the transition to a work-from-anywhere future, 2021 will be the year of unlocking possibilities, the year when virt...
Freelance jobs are incredibly popular in this time and age. In fact m, there are over 1.1 billion people who engage in freelance work across the globe. As gener...
Over the years, LinkedIn has cemented its place as a must-have for job seekers, professionals, and business owners. With over 20 million jobs posted, it is v...
Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers